What's new

Kava + Undersleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I get insomnia whenever I'm I'm stressed and have a hard time following my sleep schedule for work in general and i notice that i can get pretty bad kava hangovers if I get less than 4 hours of sleep, even if i laid in bed for 8 hours. Anyone else notice that even regular noble kava can leave you feeling pretty nasty when you don't sleep enough? And if i have plenty of sleep i can avoid discomfort even from an excessively large session with rough kava

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I get insomnia whenever I'm I'm stressed and have a hard time following my sleep schedule for work in general and i notice that i can get pretty bad kava hangovers if I get less than 4 hours of sleep, even if i laid in bed for 8 hours. Anyone else notice that even regular noble kava can leave you feeling pretty nasty when you don't sleep enough?
Definitely, the last three days I got really rooted and had been a bit stressed, slept 4 hours each night. Makes me feel sluggish the next day. It doesn't help that I keep getting rooted every night and sleeping 4 hours again. About to take a nap to fix that.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
I get insomnia whenever I'm I'm stressed and have a hard time following my sleep schedule for work in general and i notice that i can get pretty bad kava hangovers if I get less than 4 hours of sleep, even if i laid in bed for 8 hours. Anyone else notice that even regular noble kava can leave you feeling pretty nasty when you don't sleep enough? And if i have plenty of sleep i can avoid discomfort even from an excessively large session with rough kava
Are you sure it’s because of the kava, and not just feeling like crap because of the lack of sleep? I feel pretty terrible on 4 hours of sleep regardless of kava intake.

I also can’t sleep when stressed, and often even when not stressed. It’s the worst.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
yes, I agree with both of those and I think it probably applies to most kava drinkers

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I do think there is some overlap with just feeling bad because you didn't sleep enough but I get a pronounced nausea sometimes when i have a good bit of kava and don't sleep. Sometimes at the end of a heavy session i feel pretty dizzy or my stomach is upset and I wake up with that feeling when i don't get enough sleep. it mainly applies to heavy kava because the heady ones wear off faster. It's like sleeping enables the body to process the heavy kavalactones much faster or more effectively. Being really tired does add to the whole thing though. I may be sluggish at first but ultimately it's the spiciness and stomach issues that get to me. I felt pretty lightheaded this last time too.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey, I agree with you insomnia is one of the common problem that many people face.
Oh yes, far worse that those in public health realize. It causes billions of dollars of waste in the economy and causes large swathes of the population to endure immense suffering and can lead to very severe health problems. And yet, most of the "cures" offered can often make it worse for people. It's a major public health crisis and majorly ignored. I also believe it leads to secondary problems that could be easily fixed if one didn't have the primary problem, lack of sleep needed for the body to repair itself and in that sense I include the brain as part of the body.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
One thing too is when I don't sleep enough, I often don't eat enough. This is a problem with kava because it can amplify negative effects of an unbalanced lifestyle on occasion. I hope you get some sleep soon! I went four days last week with hardly any sleep and felt so so terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.