What's new

First Kava Experience Tonight

D

Deleted User01

I'm going to cut back tonight when I drink it. I woke up with low energy and slight sensitivity to light. I just wanted to be sure I got an experience last night. I don't think I over did it necessarily, but I don't have to feel as much as I did last night to still enjoy it. I'm kind of blahhh right now. Tired feeling.
If you have a Kava Hangover, then its time to test your kava. Most Newbies don't get any effects much less a hangover. Now some people can drink Tudei laced Kava with no ill effects and others cannot. Even some of us old timers have trouble with it. Everytime Deleted User hears about a hangover, he is all over it like a fly on sugar. Like Hedgie on chocolate almonds. :ROFLMAO:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I don't think it is that easy. Don't you have to have a prescription? Health Ins. won't cover it. It is pretty expensive (compared to scoring with the kiddies). Do you live in one of those states? I would love to hear all the gory details. Kava is relatively inexpensive compared to weeeeeeed. :D Ya know Hedgie, I'm big into gardening .... heh, heh, heh.
For the 13+ states that's true, but it's totally legal in CO and WA. You can buy it in retail stores now. CA (where I live) is one of the 13+. To get a script all you have to do is say you stubbed your toe and it hurts (it's truly that easy). But no matter, I have no need for that crap, because I've got my spine and my orange crush kava!! :)

D

Deleted User01

What does it sell for? When I see it on TV, it seems like it is pretty damn expensive. When I was a kid .... well, I won't into that ... I'm going to google Colorado. Now I know why my nephew and his friends are always going to Colorado (yeah, sure, skiing trips).

D

Deleted User01

I know this is off topic but mary hoo hoo is going for around 100 (that includes tax) for .25 oz. That is outlandish. If I were Chris at GHK, I would set up a kava booth right outside of a busy retail store. You can do kava and work, you can drive, you will sleep good, you won't get paranoid, and your 100 bucks will keep you in Kava for at least 2 months.

T

Tasha R.

If you have a Kava Hangover, then its time to test your kava. Most Newbies don't get any effects much less a hangover. Now some people can drink Tudei laced Kava with no ill effects and others cannot. Even some of us old timers have trouble with it. Everytime Deleted User hears about a hangover, he is all over it like a fly on sugar. Like Hedgie on chocolate almonds. :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, I was battling the tail end of a cold and right before I went to bed I drank a cup of theraflu on top of it. Maybe the combination? But that is weird. Maybe I'm just tired today? I'm really sensitive to herbs and natural things though. I believe this stuff previously tested pretty noble. My husband says he doesn't feel any difference in his energy level. (He always feel tired when he gets up) - I normally pop up pretty easily. I'm just dragging a bit still.

D

Deleted User01

I didn't see where you got the "wakacon fijian" but if it's from Amazon or such, it probably contains tudei kava. I'd be happy to test it if you like, PM me for address.
Thanks Deleted User. I hate to see Newbies have bad symptoms and then think that all Kava is like that. Even when I do lots of Noble Kava, I feel refreshed and calmn the next day. I remember waking up Krunked the last time I had Tudie. I was zigzagging all over the driveway looking for the morning newspaper.

T

Tasha R.

I didn't see where you got the "wakacon fijian" but if it's from Amazon or such, it probably contains tudei kava. That's usually the reason for the symptoms you describe; pure noble kava lets you wake up totally refreshed. I'd suggest testing that kava, details are here: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/the-safety-of-kava-how-to-test-yours.2576/

I'd be happy to test it if you like, PM me for address.
It is from Amazon. I got the Boroguru I ordered in today so I will try that tonight. I'll just start with two tbs though. Not a HALF A FREAKIN CUP. Lordy. I can find some acetone. But thanks for your offer!!!

D

Deleted User01

Well, half a cup is a pretty good dose but I know guys here that "pick their teeth" with half a cup. However, you might be a liteweight. Both Vetka and I are liteweights and that just means we save lots of money.:bigmoney:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well, half a cup is a pretty good dose but I know guys here that "pick their teeth" with half a cup. However, you might be a liteweight. Both Vetka and I are liteweights and that just means we save lots of money.:bigmoney:
No I can already tell that @Tasha R. is going to be a kava pig. (I'm taking bets!!) :)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You may be correct!!! If I am feeling blah right now, just say for instance I was to try my new kava, a small amount, soon... would it have a negative reaction? I work from home. Muhahaha.
The only way to tell for sure is go for it!!! Some people report getting extra focus from it. Myself, I can't code for shit after a few shells, I totally lose my focus. But it wears off after a while (as long as I stop).

violet

Do all things with love
To be fair, I was battling the tail end of a cold and right before I went to bed I drank a cup of theraflu on top of it. Maybe the combination? But that is weird. Maybe I'm just tired today? I'm really sensitive to herbs and natural things though. I believe this stuff previously tested pretty noble. My husband says he doesn't feel any difference in his energy level. (He always feel tired when he gets up) - I normally pop up pretty easily. I'm just dragging a bit still.
Did your TheraFlu contain acetaminophen? Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol is quite hard on the liver by itself, it can be damaging in close to therapeutic dosages in susceptible persons. Because of how acetaminophen is metabolized by the liver, it is recommended to not combine its use concomitant with kava. We never know who could have some kind of underlying liver dysfunction, so it's always better to play it safe and not set up a trigger for liver damage. Same goes with alcohol and many other substances alongside kava use.

The interaction of any herbal or pharmaceutical products should always be contemplated when consuming kava. It is better for maintaining liver health, and much better if someone is going to have liver issues that kava does not become a cause of them.

KavaCat

Meow.
Just want to give a heads up that our last thread where we started talking about "other drugs", we got kind of wrist-slapped. I'm sure most of y'all remember, just saying for Tasha's sake.
Wakacon isn't too bad, from my experience, but I would test theirs first, if you ordered any more. I've had their waka and boroguru. I tested my boroguru, and it was fine... very pale yellow, and the exact same color as a melomelo I had. But other people have tested, and been entirely sure that their boroguru from Wakacon contained a substantial amount of tudei. Although I found the boroguru very uncomfortable, I haven't had any OTHER boroguru to compare it to, so it could just be that it's too heavy for me. In spite of its being uncomfortably dis-coordinating, I didn't have any hangovers from it. Also, you should make sure that you're well hydrated. Kava is a diuretic and can leave you dehydrated, if you don't drink enough other fluids. Being dehydrated can make you feel like crap in itself. Being sick also uses a lot of water in your body, so I def. wouldn't count out dehydration, especially in this particular case.

...Actually, Chris (from GHK) sent me a sample of Boroguru. I think I'll go make some, and see how it compares. :)

D

Deleted User01

You may be correct!!! If I am feeling blah right now, just say for instance I was to try my new kava, a small amount, soon... would it have a negative reaction? I work from home. Muhahaha.
I work from home too and I take small doses during the afternoon. Small doses means I can still code ... as long as it is high Kavain. Actually, like Deleted User, the Kava keeps me going in the afternoon when I get the Blahs. At 5:00, i may take a dose of something a little heavier. At night, a little Nene nitecap for sweet dreams.

violet

Do all things with love
@KavaCat I am not sure what thread you are referring to, but I don't think we really want to "wrist-slap" anyone for anything. While a little bit of healthy skepticism can usually be a good thing, as a community we have the responsibility to make sure members new to kava have all the information they need to make safe and informed decisions.

We know for a fact that kava is metabolized by CP-450. Anything that increases the activity of CP-450 can significantly increase damage from acetaminophen due to the intermediate metabolites (NAPQI, which is incredibly toxic) not being able to be broken down because CP-450 is processing something else instead. If there is more NAPQI produced than the body can keep up with, the NAPQI then causes liver damage. So anything that makes use of CP-450 could cause a normal amount of acetaminophen to be toxic with concomitant usage.

I hope no one is taking this as an attack on anyone, because the point of my previous post is for Tasha's sake, and for anyone else who might be learning this info for the first time
::happyshell::