What's new

First Kava Experience Tonight

violet

Do all things with love
You may be correct!!! If I am feeling blah right now, just say for instance I was to try my new kava, a small amount, soon... would it have a negative reaction? I work from home. Muhahaha.
I've had the experience of a high kavain kava setting me back right again after drinking a lousy kava the day before. Kava usually makes me feel better when I'm sick also, as long as it goes down without any issues.

Like Deleted User01 and Deleted User, I've been able to use kava to increase my focus and get a lot of work done in the daytime. It's really awesome when you find the right ones to be the medicine you need for particular situations.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I know this is off topic but mary hoo hoo is going for around 100 (that includes tax) for .25 oz. That is outlandish. If I were Chris at GHK, I would set up a kava booth right outside of a busy retail store. You can do kava and work, you can drive, you will sleep good, you won't get paranoid, and your 100 bucks will keep you in Kava for at least 2 months.
Or 2 weeks....but who's counting.

Mariah

Kava Curious
I didn't see where you got the "wakacon fijian" but if it's from Amazon or such, it probably contains tudei kava. That's usually the reason for the symptoms you describe; pure noble kava lets you wake up totally refreshed. I'd suggest testing that kava, details are here: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/the-safety-of-kava-how-to-test-yours.2576/

I'd be happy to test it if you like, PM me for address.
I just sent you some Wakacon from Amazon to test (thank you Deleted User!) I feel like crap today (still, and it's 3:30 pm) after having some last night :(

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I just sent you some Wakacon from Amazon to test (thank you Deleted User!) I feel like crap today (still, and it's 3:30 pm) after having some last night :(
I have tested it myself. It is Nobel. I cant give you the color spectrum, like @Deleted User , can. But I use Wakacon, I have tested both there kavas, they sale on Amazon. They both are Nobel, very light yellow. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

Did your TheraFlu contain acetaminophen? Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol is quite hard on the liver by itself, it can be damaging in close to therapeutic dosages in susceptible persons.
FYI Tasha, Violet and Infraredz (on vacation) are very good at helping us determine interactions between drugs and Kava. The other day I asked her about Mobic and Kava and I got a research paper back. Because of that, I'm going to take it for a week or two and then drop it. Some of these drugs have more side effects that are worse than the underlying symptoms. Luckily we have some Pharma-minded members who help us with this.

T

Tasha R.

Interesting because we ordered it at the same time I'm sure we got the same batch. I didn't start feeling myself until this afternoon.

Honestly, I drank a very very small amount of Boroguru and it snapped me back in place around 4 this afternoon. I was really nervous about drinking it when I already felt kind of funky. But I CAN see why people drink this stuff for anxiety. Mine was gone.

T

Tasha R.

Did your TheraFlu contain acetaminophen? Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol is quite hard on the liver by itself, it can be damaging in close to therapeutic dosages in susceptible persons. Because of how acetaminophen is metabolized by the liver, it is recommended to not combine its use concomitant with kava. We never know who could have some kind of underlying liver dysfunction, so it's always better to play it safe and not set up a trigger for liver damage. Same goes with alcohol and many other substances alongside kava use.

The interaction of any herbal or pharmaceutical products should always be contemplated when consuming kava. It is better for maintaining liver health, and much better if someone is going to have liver issues that kava does not become a cause of them.
Yes it had Tylenol in it. In retrospect I can see that may have been a bad idea. Plus I probably hadn't drank as much water as I should have. I'm all set now though.

violet

Do all things with love
@Tasha R. I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. I wasn't trying to imply that mixing the TheraFlu with the kava may have caused you to feel bad, but there was a need to point out toxicity issues with acetaminophen and kava. Sensitive people might feel a little off with liver stress, but for the most part most people don't show symptoms or have discomfort until later stages of acute liver failure.

@Deleted User01 Thanks, overall there are so many here that offer a wealth of information. The forums are very rich in all of this information, and it's just fantastic with all the work @HeadHodge has been putting into it to get the masses of info organized. Many of us come here new to kava and research it as we drink it, but just as with every other seemingly benign supplement and OTC available to us, it is always wise to be aware of what we are consuming and how it is going to affect and interact in the body.

T

Tasha R.

On a related note, I let my MIL drink a small cup of the Boroguru tonight, and jeeeessshhhh she talked a lot haha. Like way more than normal. I'm surprised she was able to get air in. I haven't hit a talkative stage yet. :p

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
Boroguru from GHK was my first kava to taste. It's awesome. I'm having a shell or two right now. I find it very calming and mind clearing, and it helps my bum knee as I was taken off of my pain killers and was drinking way too much beer, like way too much... Kava helps!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Boroguru from GHK was my first kava to taste. It's awesome. I'm having a shell or two right now. I find it very calming and mind clearing, and it helps my bum knee as I was taken off of my pain killers and was drinking way too much beer, like way too much... Kava helps!
Looking forward to your review!!
3D_emoticon_211.gif