What's new

Member Soapbox WTF USPS?!

verticity

I'm interested in things
So you live in Arizona, not Iowa? Are you sure about that? Oh, right, I remember you explaining how the desert there is more dirt-like than sandy. You don't see any cornfields out your window do you?

So have you heard the legend of Bilbo Bagofkava? Your kava will make it's way to you I can assure you. It is probably just having an existential crisis or something.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
It can happen, if it got mis sorted and sent to the wrong location. Hopefully they will catch it there and redirect it quickly. USPS sort scans update much less frequently than Fedex/Ups. I've had them never show the info until my package was already at my door.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You should try getting kava delivered in the UK, it takes weeks and the USPS tracking is less than helpful. Maybe the wicked witch of the west sent a storm to suck up your kava and Dorothy, tin man, lion and the scarecrow are sitting on the yellow brick road sipping your kava and talking story? (or was that Kansas?) :)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You should try getting kava delivered in the UK, it takes weeks and the USPS tracking is less than helpful. Maybe the wicked witch of the west sent a storm to suck up your kava and Dorothy, tin man, lion and the scarecrow are sitting on the yellow brick road sipping your kava and talking story? (or was that Kansas?) :)
It's even stranger than you think. Kansas City is in Missouri. Weird huh? So who knows, Dorothy could actually be from Iowa even if she always wants to go back to Kansas. :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think I sort of knew that although the precise geography of the USA is not a particular strong point. I have a clue about it though, as in couldn't place every state in the right place but could have a good stab at it.

@Megan beware, this is just the way my mind works and kava increases it :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'll tell you a funny story... my flat mate is disabled and a bit slow but he's quite clever with it and he knows things. He was in the pub quiz and they had to name all the states ending in 'i'. So he said Hawaii of course... a few people in the pub shouted him down and said Hawaii isn't an American state... he just said, I think you'll find it is ;-)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'll tell you a funny story... my flat mate is disabled and a bit slow but he's quite clever with it and he knows things. He was in the pub quiz and they had to name all the states ending in 'i'. So he said Hawaii of course... a few people in the pub shouted him down and said Hawaii isn't an American state... he just said, I think you'll find it is ;-)
If they would have said it's not a 'contiguous' state, then they would be right. But they didn't, did they??

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Get up g-g-get down. USPS is a joke in your town.

The only shipping problems I've ever had have been with USPS. And their tracking of packages is pretty laughable. I usually get "Scanned at origin facility" followed by silence until the day after it arrives, when the tracking information actually updates.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ugh that sucks! I deal with usps every day at work. Once we shipped a package to NYC and it went to Puerto Rico on its way there. Thanks for the moral support guys. @Deleted User you've created a kava vortex in Iowa haven't you? Seems pretty suspicious to me :cautious:.
Yeah, actually @Deleted User's lab exerts a kind of magnetic attraction on packages of kava. He can't help it. He doesn't accept "samples" from vendors for his own consumption; he has been very clear about that. So when one of these stray packages flies in his door, or window, he just takes it to the post office to send it to the correct recipient.

verticity

I'm interested in things
There are some folks in the US who are not very clear on that either...
But Mississippi is not an American state, contrary to common belief..

verticity

I'm interested in things
It's even stranger than you think. Kansas City is in Missouri. Weird huh? So who knows, Dorothy could actually be from Iowa even if she always wants to go back to Kansas. :)
"There's no place like the vast expanse of Tornado Alley" click

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
There are some folks in the US who are not very clear on that either...
But Mississippi is not an American state, contrary to common belief..
Yes but how many Americans are abducted by aliens in the US every year (and why does this abduction so often appear to involve an anal probe?).

Is Mississippi not a state? He was wrong on that one then (along with almost everyone else I'm guessing).