What's new

Member Soapbox WTF USPS?!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, and don't linger either. I've found the hard way they only have a 30 or 60 day statue of limitations on claims. After that you're screwed.
Wait, what? You wait for a package for 30 days. It doesn't arrive, so you file a complaint. "You're screwed, you should have complained sooner"
That can't be right. And is it 30 or 60 days? That's an important distinction.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Wait, what? You wait for a package for 30 days. It doesn't arrive, so you file a complaint. "You're screwed, you should have complained sooner"
That can't be right. And is it 30 or 60 days? That's an important distinction.
No I filed the complaint the next day I didn't receive a fairly expensive package. They did an investigation and determined it was their fault. But I failed to file the 'proper' paperwork with them in the allowed time period and they said tough shit. And that's no shit.

verticity

I'm interested in things
No I filed the complaint the next day I didn't receive a fairly expensive package. They did an investigation and determined it was their fault. But I failed to file the 'proper' paperwork with them in the allowed time period and they said tough shit. And that's no shit.
The next day -- I'm not clear what you mean by that. It was supposed to be delivered overnight? What is the proper time period for the paper work? Sorry, I'm confused.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
The next day -- I'm not clear what you mean by that. It was supposed to be delivered overnight? What is the proper time period for the paper work? Sorry, I'm confused.
Sorry it's hard to explain. The email tracking said it was going to be delivered on a particular day. I did not receive it on that day, so the next day I filed a complaint that the tracking said it was delivered to me when in fact it was not. They tracked it down and found it was delivered by another mailman in a totally different part of town, but they could not retrieve the package to re-deliver the package to me. They said I could put in a claim for the up to $200 for the lost package and they were 'very' 'very' 'sorry' that it happened and this has never happened to them before (sure right?). Anyways I did not get the paperwork submitted in time (it took them a while to do their 'investigation'). And they told me tough shit, when I complained that they openly admitted they lost my package but too bad you didn't file the proper paperwork. After 30 days, I followed up on it and they said they have no idea what I'm even talking about. :(

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Yes but how many Americans are abducted by aliens in the US every year (and why does this abduction so often appear to involve an anal probe?).

Is Mississippi not a state? He was wrong on that one then (along with almost everyone else I'm guessing).
Sshh. Its not really aliens, its the Dept of Homeland Insecurity and the anal probe really happens once they take you to the extraterrestrials at the IRS for further examination.