What's new

This is not good, fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaKitty

Meaow
Yeah we need to somehow boost our forum into the media. Kavasutra is taking way to much attention and they do nothing to help inform that tuedi kava is responsible for these problems.
I know I'm late to the party, but seriously, I post about kava all day long on Facebook. I want as many people as possible to know about it.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahah :) awareness is our best tool.
I love pointing it out as A. A help quitting ciggarete or other drug tool.
B. If you keep smoking tobacco you atleast have less worries as a kava drinker!

TribalCulture

Krunkonomicon
In honesty, I really wouldn't worry too much since it aired on Dr.Phil.
I mean it's literally a pg Jerry Springer show, that made a brat famous.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Sheesh! I just saw this. This tool of a doctor claimed liver and kidney tox risks. Never heard of kidney being implicated. So for extra funsies I searched kava and kidney on pubmed (a legit scientific journal database that I rely on in my work) and came up with 14 hits. 8 of those were by an author with the name Kava who happens to study the kidney. Lol. None discussed kidney tox from kava.

Where did this clown come up with this crap? Really scary how misinformed these guys are.

I also note that a lot of the concern was the risk of combining it with other medicines. At least that is a legitimate concern, but that is always true when combining any medicines either with each other or alcohol.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Sheesh! I just saw this. This tool of a doctor claimed liver and kidney tox risks. Never heard of kidney being implicated. So for extra funsies I searched kava and kidney on pubmed (a legit scientific journal database that I rely on in my work) and came up with 14 hits. 8 of those were by an author with the name Kava who happens to study the kidney. Lol. None discussed kidney tox from kava.

Where did this clown come up with this crap? Really scary how misinformed these guys are.

I also note that a lot of the concern was the risk of combining it with other medicines. At least that is a legitimate concern, but that is always true when combining any medicines either with each other or alcohol.
Not that i agree but there is at least one instance where kava was implicated (unjustly in my opinion but the lack of data makes it hard to tell) in kidney issues:
http://www.ajemjournal.com/article/S0735-6757(11)00061-1/fulltext

tallguy

Kava Curious
Anything Dr. Phil (and I don't thing he's a doctor of anything) I immediately discount as bullshit. I will not listen to anyone he is speaking with.
Oprah Winfrey made this guy known to the MSM. Enough said.

N

Noname

Demonizing kava and K? Hmm. lets do the opposite of what they say lol. They are bashing on K. Now they are making me curious. Kava and K have potential to affect pharmacy business that's why they are lying.someone died Ina car crash few days ago on Christmas. I assume they were having "fun" drinking alcohol with family and friends.if they were drinking kava it probably wouldn't happen. Last year according to rumors a person in neighborhood flipped the fudge out on Christmas while drunk and killed his whole family. Alcohol is bs man. It brings out the sickness within and sometimes demonic possession. Ppl getting few shots in there system and hour later they do a 180 and turn into someone else. Alcohol is poison

ShredMN

Kava Curious
K@ isn’t dangerous, but it is highly addictive and causes changes in your brain that will f**k you up when you decide to stop using it. Of kava, marijuana and K@... K@ is by far the worst as far as addiction goes and it most certainly needs to be regulated. K@ addicts will swear it won’t get you high, but it gets you as high as pharmaceutical painkillers do, without the risk of liver failure which just means you can use even more of it to get even higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.