What's new

1 tbsp micronized kava = 1 cup water or 2 cups water?

kavanoob

Kava Curious
During my early days of kava use, I found that 1 cup made me vomit. So I've been drinking 2 cups water for every 1 tbsp.

Is it possible that 1 cup for 1 tbsp is possible, as long as you space it longer?

I probably didn't space it enough during my early days.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I actually don't like micronized that much because it reminds me of toss and wash. But it is effective and good for a quick fix. I usually do a heaping tablespoon for about 12 ounces of water. Basically, as much as I can handle.

kavanoob

Kava Curious
Ok, so you do 1 1/2 cups of water.

Does anyone here do 1 cup of water per 1 tbsp of kava? How often do you space?

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, but I seem to have an iron gut when it comes to kava. I recently mixed 5 tablespoons into my 500ml water bottle (about 2 cups) and drank it over the course of an hour, no tummy troubles. Everyone is different, you just have to do what works for you.

exit stage left
Drinking a tablespoon in 1 or more cups of water just gives me more gross tasting stuff to drink. I usually do shots with a small amount of juice and 1 tablespoon. It is pretty muddy, but if it means I have to drink the gross stuff for less time, it's worth it to me.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I actually don't like micronized that much because it reminds me of toss and wash. But it is effective and good for a quick fix. I usually do a heaping tablespoon for about 12 ounces of water. Basically, as much as I can handle.
I 100% agree @Kavasseur
At first it felt convenient, but after a while...
I've just been lazy. To me, cold extraction with a second wash is the way to.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yikes, makes me wonder if I am drinking too much, I drink 4 tbs per cup of water (Med grind). That's why i have such beautiful bumpy skin :D