What's new

Kava Recipe 2 birds one stone

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
For those looking to cut down on caffiene from their morning cofee and still get a boost and help eliminate/ease kava skin !

Add a teaspoon of coconut oil cold pressed virgin styley.. to decaff coffee ... this gives you energy like you won't believe and helps tremendously with kava skin from the inside ... I'm convinced kava gets rid of oils from the skin when you run out of fat in your diet to process the kavalactones.. much like leather doesn't benefit from water. Our kava skin is benefited more from oil than water ( keep drinking water tho ;) ) so this is just a great recipe for energy and inner lotion haha

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
That's not a real issue.
Check out the coconut research institute. People who consume large amounts of coocnut oil have amazing cholesterol... cholesterol is brain food... what matters is what kind and what quality ... here I'll send some links .... don't buy that bullshit that's around saturated fat and cholesterol. It's completley unfounded from a study in the 50s

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
We switched to cooking with coconut oil but I never though about taking it straight.
Coconut oil can heal or help with so many things. It's got antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties. It's a great moisturizer or skin conditioner and makeup remover, a safe and natural sunblock. It boosts metabolism, allows for better absorption of certain vitamins and minerals ... I love this stuff and use it for so many things, including dental health. If interested, google "oil pulling". Seriously. Works.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've had relatively mild dermo in the past mostly just all over slight skin dryness with worse patches on the back of my hands but in the last few days I've developed some really quite bad symptoms. I've had really dry lips which were painful in the cracks at the side where the top and bottom lips meet and today my upper lip is all dry. Also I've got a couple of patches at the side of my neck that are really dry and painful. It is just possible that it's nothing to do with kava but it's a bit of a coincidence if it's not. I've just started drinking micronized reasonably regularly and I'm wondering if it's to do with that. Either way I'm interested in anything that can help to ease this even if it only helps a bit. I'm guessing you'd be able to mix coconut oil with more or less any hot drink? Are there any other ways of getting it in? Could I mix it with the olive oil spread that I use and have it on my bread in the morning? Any other ideas?

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
@Edward If you eat salads, you can use it with vinegar and spices as a salad dressing, use it instead of butter or oil for anything sautéed or drizzle over vegetables. When I was a coffee drinker, I used to one-up the bulletproof by adding butter and coconut oil so, yes, that's fine. And sure, try it on your bread. It melts here unless refrigerated but I could see drizzling some on there, sort of like olive oil on garlic bread. It also depends if you like the taste. Two out of my little family of three like it. :D
We all have a small jar on our nightstands for lips every night to prevent them from chapping; I use it all over after showering, too, so you can also apply externally.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been out and got these today. With being in the lorry quite a bit it might be difficult to be using the oil itself. I'm guessing they will do a similar job?

20160501_132616.jpg

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
@Edward It's a start. Get some of the oil itself for external and food usage. I've actually used Nature's Own and it's a decent oil. Look for cold-pressed and virgin.

Last edited:

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
This was the only post I understood in this thread, therefore I deem it to be the truth and shall treat it as such henceforth.

My daughter just sent me a message about attending a banana funeral. I did not understand. She explained with this photo:

image.jpeg

BTW, I have to turn my whole body to turn my head ATM. Neck is acting up. So I've had I don't know how much punani uno today. Got off my 11hr shift 7:40AM and it's now 8:15PM. I got up 2PM yesterday. I has some pot noodles today. Weirdest thing happened. I couldn't really sleep because of the neck, but I dozed off and while my eyes were closed, I could hear and see people standing right next to me. "This is not possible" I thought and opened my eyes and they were gone. Normally this might have freaked me out a little, but I kind of feel like Mr Lahey (ⓈⓅⓄⒾⓁⒺⓇ ⒶⓁⒺⓇⓉ) in the sense that I've paced myself just right. My eyes are Asian (no offense) but I'm not tired. I feel like socializing, but it's too much of an effort. Guess that's why I'm rambling on here. I hope whoever reads this can get something out of it. Or rather, as a courtesy I say I hope that, honestly I don't really care at this point lol. Any ways, my coworker just asked if I want a sweater. What kind of question is that between men? I have to call him back, but feel slightly apprehensive. It's just a weird question to me, coming from him.
Tomorrow I have a meeting. Cross your fingers people. This could be the jump start to get to where I want to be. I want to do stuff I enjoy and basically do what I want when I want and get paid for doing so. It seemed impossible for decades. Now it's plausible, with a significant push the next couple of years I could be there.
No boss.
No debt.
So, calling my coworker in a minute. I just have to say that it feels like my brain is floating around in my scull and it's a pleasant feeling. At the same time my body is incredibly still.
Seachest out

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
@Edward probably not, considering it's topical application... Unless you plan on eating so much you secrete it. I have a giant jar of it, I just stick my hand in there and rub it on then towel off. It's not messy or difficult to do.