What's new

Kava Recipe 2 birds one stone

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward probably not, considering it's topical application... Unless you plan on eating so much you secrete it. I have a giant jar of it, I just stick my hand in there and rub it on then towel off. It's not messy or difficult to do.
Add a teaspoon of coconut oil cold pressed virgin styley.. to decaff coffee ... this gives you energy like you won't believe and helps tremendously with kava skin from the inside
The thread is about internal ingestion of coconut oil but thanks for your point. I find the oil too... oily to put on my skin, I can't stand anything greasy on me it makes me feel unclean but on small patches I can cope with it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I take about four table spoons of coconut oil just about every morning. The stuff is magical. Might be why I don't generally have any problems with dermopathy despite my high kava consumption.
I don't believe that ingesting coconut oil is going to help with dermopathy at all. Even applied directly it just provides temporary relief. If people have an actual dermo-reducer, they should post pictures like infraredz did here: http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-dermopathy.25/ comparing treated and untreated skin.
There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that it at least makes some difference and at the end of they day I've spent $20 for 2 months supply. I'll let you know if it helps.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
The thread is about internal ingestion of coconut oil but thanks for your point. I find the oil too... oily to put on my skin, I can't stand anything greasy on me it makes me feel unclean but on small patches I can cope with it.
You can still get a big jar. Just pop a tablespoon in there instead. :sneaky:

Not trying to push it on you topically but did want to mention it only seems greasy/oily if you're slathering it on. A little goes a long way with topical coconut oil usage and it's quickly absorbed. When used properly it should leave your skin feeling smooth and not at all oily. If you haven't used it in a while, try it for yourself on a small and unaffected area. I just don't want you to discount the idea, as attacking it from both inside and out would be optimal.

And @kavadude the thing with Mother Nature is that it's often not a quick fix. It might take a few weeks to get it under control, so she does require a bit of patience. And it's not unusual for it to get worse before it gets better.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Im absolutely convinced that it works internally for dermo. Why would drinking water help external dryness and coconut oil wouldn't? Your body knows how to send the nutrients where they need to go.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
mct oil is even more intense than coconut oil. i can actually feel high and almost like tunnel vision focus. it is processed coconut oil so it may not have as many of the overall benefits but as far as energy and focus goes it can't be beat...

Amazon product

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Perhaps due to the sebaceous glands need for saturated fats?
This could be my imagination or not but we've had a spell of coldish weather here so I went to bed last night fairly early well wrapped up but it was warmer than usual. I had trouble getting to sleep as I was too warm and sweating and my sweat felt almost imperceptibly oily, like I was actually excreting ever so slightly oily sweat. The patches of skin which are usually dry to the touch do feel slightly softer this morning. Could be I'm imagining it or maybe not but I'll keep this thread updated in case anyone is interested.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm almost completely sure now that since I've been taking the coconut oil caps my skin is starting to get softer.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've just been reading more about B vitamins and it turns out they play a role in keeping skin healthy too. So I've been wondering about being low on b vitamins for a while but not got round to doing anything about it. Perhaps it's time I should because I've been feeling particularly sluggish this weekend. Alright, could be the large amounts of kava I've been drinking ;-)