What's new

20 years of kava use

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I wish I would've seen this sooner. Thank you @nabanga for detailing your history living on the pacific islands. I thoroughly enjoyed reading over those first hand accounts, and though I already had an idea of how their culture operates you've still managed to give me generous insight I wouldn't have gained without this picture being painted.

Aside from that I can't help but imagine the scale of disaster the recent typhoon has brought them. Ruin to many crops, devastated homes and businesses and threatened their very livelihood; even so the people themselves are alive, a testament to the resiliency of island nations.

I haven't prepared kava traditionally since last weekend and while I've got this thread fresh in my mind I'll go ahead and do just that. (y)

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for your comments - I'll try to write some more later.
I must admit I know very little about all the various mail-order kava products and preparations out there, so it has been interesting reading through this forum and following links to the various suppliers, and trying to educate myself. I've always stuck to fresh or dry powdered, but would be keen to locate some of the stronger, cleaner products out there. I don't really care too much about the convenience factor of a concentrate, as I can always find time for a mix, but to find something that is consistently good and strong would be good.