What's new

3-D tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I took a couple swigs of kava yesterday on a very empty stomach & I swear Sanford & Son was in 3-D! It seemed like I was in Fred's living room w/ him. Very trippy.
Here's a similar user's experience >

<removed by kavadude, copied from another website>

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I feel like I need to remind everyone that we are not to represent kava as a legal high. Posts like these paint kava in a negative light. Although, yes, this is true what's been posted I'd like to remind you that the image of kava is reliant on us to be respectful of it.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Yeah, the majority on here aren't here to find out new ways to "get fucked up" so much as understand what kava is and figure out how to use it to get its benefits to improve life overall.

Not to "Ride the Snake"

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Kava was cultivated & continues to be drunk in large quantities in the south pacific islands much like alcohol is in the rest of the world. I hardly think kava is grown, harvested & sold for its physiological enhancement properties.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well, obviously kava is an intoxicant. We all know that. But we do need to be concerned with kava's public image. This forum is a very prominent voice in the kava world, and we all want to keep kava legal in places where it already is, and encourage legalization in places where it is currently banned. Now does that mean we can't discuss it's intoxicating properties? Of course not. The dude who made the admonishment is named Kapmcrunk, after all, not KapmHarmlessAnalgesic. I think the line that should not be crossed is to compare kava too favorably with other illegal or "grey area" substances. Like "man I got so f'd up on some Mahakea last night, it was exactly like MJ" First because it's not true; the kava experience is not that extreme. But mostly, we want to project the image of kava as being harmless, which it is, so that busybodies don't latch onto something said here as a pretext to try to ban it.

Last edited:

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Kava has several psychoactive properties which are fun, hence "krunked". Not unlike MJ which btw is nowhere near as harmful as alcohol. I neither drink alcohol or smoke MJ btw. It damn sure isn't drunk because of the taste.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well, I like my share of MJ. But, I would not lump Kava, with MJ or especially Mushies. Because I simply don't see Kava as a psychedelic. Well no more than I consider alcohol. Kava is more like a relaxing, alcohol feeling. without the agro, messed up, hang over the next day feeling. I have done a lot of heavy psychedelic experiences, especially during Dead shows. Although I no longer take psychedelics (Because I feel I have learned all there is to learn from them, and they now feel like I'm doing drugs) I do feel, like I know a lot about them. And I would say, any psychoactive effects from Kava, are so small I personally do not notice it. I feel MJ, has far more psychoactive effect, than Kava could ever have. Although I do, agree with others on How kava is perceived. But I also feel Kava will never be, anything more than a alcohol substitute, muscle relaxing, nerve calming drink. I don't ever see folks, Trying to get high on Kava, because It tastes too bad. Most folks looking to get high, are looking to pop pills, or something. Lets face facts, Kava takes a while to make, it takes time to drink. It takes a desire to better yourself, to even get into Kava. That's why I don't see Kava as a abusiable substance. Although I could see some asshat Politician. using a ban on Kava to further his career. And I think that's the last thing anyone wants. Much Love Roaddog....

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I like my share of MJ. But, I would not lump Kava, with MJ or especially Mushies. Because I simply don't see Kava as a psychedelic. Well no more than I consider alcohol. Kava is more like a relaxing, alcohol feeling. without the agro, messed up, hang over the next day feeling. I have done a lot of heavy psychedelic experiences, especially during Dead shows. Although I no longer take psychedelics (Because I feel I have learned all there is to learn from them, and they now feel like I'm doing drugs) I do feel, like I know a lot about them. And I would say, any psychoactive effects from Kava, are so small I personally do not notice it. I feel MJ, has far more psychoactive effect, than Kava could ever have. Although I do, agree with others on How kava is perceived. But I also feel Kava will never be, anything more than a alcohol substitute, muscle relaxing, nerve calming drink. I don't ever see folks, Trying to get high on Kava, because It tastes too bad. Most folks looking to get high, are looking to pop pills, or something. Lets face facts, Kava takes a while to make, it takes time to drink. It takes a desire to better yourself, to even get into Kava. That's why I don't see Kava as a abusiable substance. Although I could see some asshat Politician. using a ban on Kava to further his career. And I think that's the last thing anyone wants. Much Love Roaddog....
Before you call kava as a simple alcohol substitute you should get some fresh ground IN Fiji or Vanuatu. Tudei or really strong kava when consumed in large quantities over a short period of time will drop you & knock you out for a few hours if not longer. Too many people base they're opinion of kava on junk thats sat a shelf for months w/ little actual active kavalactones.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Kava is nothing like a benzo. Benzodiazepines make me lethargic, dumb, and spaced out. Kava does the opposite, in fact I drank kava before I took a college placement test and I tested right out of college algebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.