What's new

5 minute euphoria?

JKraft

Kava Curious
Hello all, I have been using Kava (instant kava made by drying juice) for 2-3 days per week for a few months now. I take it on an empty stomach with coconut milk. It gives me about 5 minutes of feeling great, but then after that, I feel nothing.

I've take the actual root a few times. Once I took too much, felt awesome for an hour, but then felt very sick the rest of the night. I tried lowering the dose, but at lower doses, I felt nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I want to get it to last longer than 5 minutes...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Personally I never felt stuff doing all that jazz... I just use katark methods haha.. toss and wash or just mix in water and drink. I only use a teaspoon to about 3 teaspoons spread out.... re dose instead of trying to make it last last. It works the same and easier to moderate.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum @JKraft! ::awesomesmiles:: Ya know, kava is not for everyone just like Sushi is not for everyone. Have you tried any other botanicals that give you better effects? :whistle:

JKraft

Kava Curious
Oh yes. I get quite an aroma from burning K@. K@ fixes all my defects (depression, anxiety, OCD, irritability) I've suffered with for far too long. IBut I'm worried that burning K@ daily will eventually cause tolerance to build up and the effects to be lost. Hence, I wish I could use kava a few days instead, but no dice yet...

I WD from K@ once and it was awful. 4 days of hell follow by 2 weeks of semi hell.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Mentions are ok. A full on discussion about it isn't. Keep in mind that I personally think the "k" word has a very very important place and can do some rather amazing things. We just don't want google caching kava and K***** together due to the fact that there is some confusion in the general public that might lead them to think they're the same thing.

D

Deleted User01

Oh yes. I get quite an aroma from burning K*****. K***** fixes all my defects (depression, anxiety, OCD, irritability)
Once again, K@ is the correct answer! Thanks for playing "K@ K@ Whose got the K@".

FYI. I'm coming to the conclusion from reading all the "recent" posts from K@ users that Kava may not be their "bag". The posts I read here are very similar to the ones I see on the K@ Forum but I couldn't tell ya why. Perhaps K@ and Kava don't mix. I don't have an answer for that. When I tried the K plant, I didn't suffer nausea, liver failure, or internal bleeding so I never complained about it. It just didn't give the effects that I was looking for so I went looking elsewhere.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I never had an issue mixing them to be honest. I just had to stop k because I really didn't need it. Lol. And my body was emphasizing that to me... and my gf ;) haha

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
There's probably nothing wrong with mixing them. It's just that the online ecosystem has a bad habit of lumping things together. Both herbs are special and have an exact usage for a certain type of problem. We just want to keep the separation clear. Less confusion. You can call us kava purists :D

D

Deleted User01

Amen to that @Kapmcrunk. K@ does seem to be a beneficial botanical for those who suffer pain and there is no denying this. I would only ask that Newbies who are having problems with Kava please let us know that they if they are also K@ users. It's important information if we are to help them.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
There's probably nothing wrong with mixing them. It's just that the online ecosystem has a bad habit of lumping things together. Both herbs are special and have an exact usage for a certain type of problem. We just want to keep the separation clear. Less confusion. You can call us kava purists :D
Yup. Politicians aren't known for their ability to reason or to do any research beyond a superficial level. If the paired association reflex is taken from them - at least on this web site - then perhaps they might have the opportunity to view kava as something completely different and not lumped in with anything else. Politicians have a mistaken belief that it is their job to write laws, when in fact it should be their job to protect liberty and find reasons NOT to write laws, for with every new law that goes into effect we as individuals are less free. So when the eventual kava alarm goes out among these noxious buffoons, lets give them pause to consider - just this once - that banning kava - a social, non addictive, relaxing and healthful substance - would not be in the country's best interest.

Last edited: