What's new

5 star kava root powder

Has anyone tried the 5 star kava root powder from kava Canada?
It's one seller I could find that will ship charges included to Canada.

I've ordered due to battling with a wine addiction that I have stopped for 5 months, but I feel the anxiety and cravings are pulling me back. I'm really hoping to use this as a tool for all my hard work.

Blood work shows my liver is normal right now, but wine is damaging.

Attachments

@Darkpepper This may be kava kauai's 5-star. It's really good from what we've heard around here. Numbingly expensive, but also as potent. I think www.thekavaroots.com ships out of canada, so check them out too.
Thanks for the response. I have been reading this site all day. Dosages are anything from 1 tbsp to half a cup. What would you suggest for 200 lb 6 ft 3 guy who'
Having post alcohol with drawl anxiety issues? I want to feel calmer through the day, not just relaxing at night.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Thanks for the response. I have been reading this site all day. Dosages are anything from 1 tbsp to half a cup. What would you suggest for 200 lb 6 ft 3 guy who'
Having post alcohol with drawl anxiety issues? I want to feel calmer through the day, not just relaxing at night.
Dosage and strains that will work best for you, can only be figured out with your own experimentation. Generally, doses in the half-cup range are for single evening sessions. People that want to use kava for daytime anxiety relief will often need to use smaller doses and sometimes specific varieties, so they can get a natural anxiolytic effect, without too much sedation, lethargy or 'highness'.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Has anyone tried the 5 star kava root powder from kava Canada?
It's one seller I could find that will ship charges included to Canada.

I've ordered due to battling with a wine addiction that I have stopped for 5 months, but I feel the anxiety and cravings are pulling me back. I'm really hoping to use this as a tool for all my hard work.

Blood work shows my liver is normal right now, but wine is damaging.
5 star kava powder is good and strong. As far as I know most vendors will ship to Canada but you will pay a little more for shipping. I was a heavy drinker for 25 years and switched to kava a few years ago. I find I can drink alcohol these days without too much urge to binge and with a lot less craving so I can choose whether to have alcohol or kava on a day to day basis.

I think once you've got into kava a bit you will find the "next day effect" where kava's effects linger into the next day will probably see you through from evening to evening without needing kava during the day but of course it's always an option. You would want to look into something a little less heavy than 5 star kava powder though. KWK have Pouni Ono back in stock and that would probably be a lot better for you for daytime use. I have drunk kava in the daytime but I do prefer it being an evening ritual to wind down and I don't always enjoy that feeling during the day. I do go quite strong generally though.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Lucky for you, unlike alcohol, height and weight has nothing to do with how you enjoy kava. Your individual receptors in your body do, combined with quantity and quality of the grog you drink, but height and weight have no effect, so it doesn't cost you extra. Your initial quantity to drink could be anywhere from 1-4 Tbs of grind in however much water you prefer, that's typical, and only experimentation and experience will show you where that exact point is.

Otoh, wording is tricky. If I triple ball 6 tbs of good grind, which I love to do, is that a 6 tbs dose? Or does it matter that I will do a second wash right away? And then freeze the Makas to accumulate for mongrel grog, which will go for three or even four more washes? So is that a 6 tbs dose or a 1 tbs dose?of course, each wash will have a slightly different effects profile...... Gets tricky, unless you always throw out good root after one wash for purposes of standardization and consistency, which would be a mistake, IMO though some do.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If this makes you feel better, I drank for 45 years and kava completely weaned me from it, haven't had a drink in over 6 months now. And what I liked with alcohol was to sit and drink all evening. Not get hammered, just enjoy drink after drink of an evening. It is completely possible to do that with kava with much more pleasure, zero bad side effects like hangovers and weight gain, and it works out cheaper. Stick with it, and I mean drink small amounts of kava frequently and give it some months to work its magic, like 2 to 6 months or so before giving up, and your prospects are very good. Of course, te more you enjoy kava, the better your prospects of success, so do whatever makes you enjoy kava the most.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
If this makes you feel better, I drank for 45 years and kava completely weaned me from it, haven't had a drink in over 6 months now. And what I liked with alcohol was to sit and drink all evening. Not get hammered, just enjoy drink after drink of an evening. It is completely possible to do that with kava with much more pleasure, zero bad side effects like hangovers and weight gain, and it works out cheaper. Stick with it, and I mean drink small amounts of kava frequently and give it some months to work its magic, like 2 to 6 months or so before giving up, and your prospects are very good. Of course, te more you enjoy kava, the better your prospects of success, so do whatever makes you enjoy kava the most.
Also this forum makes for the best support group imho :)

Hi, thank you for the response. Original poster back. I'v been drinking kava for a month or so and you are all so correct. Alcohol cravings are finally not plaguing me. I'm happier and more easy going. I can work again. Drinking 4 tbsp 3 times washed a day. Not overdone just as anxiety relief.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi, thank you for the response. Original poster back. I'v been drinking kava for a month or so and you are all so correct. Alcohol cravings are finally not plaguing me. I'm happier and more easy going. I can work again. Drinking 4 tbsp 3 times washed a day. Not overdone just as anxiety relief.
Wow, that is totally awesome! Thanks for the update! Made MY day, for sure.

Thank you. I am experiencing nausea tho. Trying to drimk ginger ale.

="Krunkie McKrunkface, post: 148712, member: 5061"]Wow, that is totally awesome! Thanks for the update! Made MY day, for sure.[/QUOTE]