What's new

A couple of quick questions from a newbie

kongkava

Kava Curious
I get nausea only when I'm nearing the bottom. Just spill that out when you're ready for a refill when you can't take it anymore.

I'm definitely an evening / afternoon only guy. I got coffee for the AM :)
Just got some 11 year micro. 4 tbsp later and I barely feel anything--guess I'm not through RT after all :(.
I have 3 different strains right now, and I actually noticed something. The reverse tolerance might only apply to the strain you're drinking. That is, if you want to get the full effects of a certain strain, you need to keep drinking it. I'm not sure how true this is. (other factors could be preparation and time since last eating.)

Last edited:

kongkava

Kava Curious
That's good to know! I'm picking up a straining bag today.

P.S. I can't believe people dislike the taste of Kava--I guess I'm one of the lucky few :D
@Peebles My friend, you are VERY lucky. I've been drinking kava for 10 years daily and have yet to acquire a taste for it.
I thought the exact same thing about the taste of kava when I had my first few glasses. It was still bitter, but I didn't hate it. The numbing effect was more pronounced and it just tasted like a unique thing that I haven't actually experienced since.

Then after drinking more and more, I suddenly I got sick of it. I thought my batches were bad when they really weren't. Now I use diet coke afterward, and strain out some of the sediment.

Last edited:

Casper

Kava Curious
I couldn't imagine taking Kava in the morning. I work at a PC all day. I find Kava makes my eyes sensitive to light. Like trying to read these post with the white background, hurts my eyeballs. That straining feeling, like when you accidentally look at the sun.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I couldn't imagine taking Kava in the morning. I work at a PC all day. I find Kava makes my eyes sensitive to light. Like trying to read these post with the white background, hurts my eyeballs. That straining feeling, like when you accidentally look at the sun.
You can change the theme to be more accommodating to kava'd eyes. Click "Kava Forums Day Theme" at the bottom left. Then choose "Kava Forums Night Theme"

kongkava

Kava Curious
Just got some intense nausea from my first micronized batch. Maybe I'll get used to it after another month. I'm not sure if it's because of my stomach or if it's psychological.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I get nausea some time. Spacing out smaller shells can help a lot. You can also chase with a piece of fruit, which seems to help the stomach. Many of us sip ginger ale while drinking kava.