What's new

A heroic Kava dose

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone here enjoy a heroic dose of Kava? Like the raw physically debilitating effects that leave you stumbling about? That peak of the mountain where one more sip of kava and you would surely be vomiting!

To me to drink kava to that place is not enjoyable at all. Anyone else rock out at that level?

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have done that, and it was not enjoyable. I'm thinking in particular of one time I drank too much Papa Kea and ended up on the floor next to my bed. It is just not fun to be physically incapacitated like that. In the case of kava, when you get to a certain point it is just pointless to drink any more. More does not make you feel better, it just makes you unable to function.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I get to a certain point where my body and mind reject the idea of more Kava. It doesn't really seem heroic to me to push yourself to the point of being sick. However, I do enjoy a good krunk. And by "good krunk" I mean a 5-7 tablespoon (heaping) session spread out over 2-3 hours. I know I'm there when I am getting waves of euphoria, a heaviness behind the eyes, and a body-buzzing joyful pain-sapping kind of feeling.

Of course, it also depends on the Kava. Some Kava gets you there really fast, while other Kava takes more powder and more hours. If I'm drinking Nambawan, or Hanakapi'Ai, I will probably need less. If I'm drinking a mellow Lawena, I'll probably have an extended session. Which isn't to say that Lawena is worse, or better, of course.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Does anyone here enjoy a heroic dose of Kava? Like the raw physically debilitating effects that leave you stumbling about? That peak of the mountain where one more sip of kava and you would surely be vomiting!

To me to drink kava to that place is not enjoyable at all. Anyone else rock out at that level?
When I was younger I would drink Kava till the sun rose. Then I'd swear off Kava but be right back at it the next weekend. Now I'm more about optimizing my lifestyle with Kava.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It depends. Usually no, but there have been a time or two I unintentionally did that with only a moderate dose of stone (stone lays me out so bad) and it was pleasant because though I could barely get off the couch I hadn't dosed so high that I was in danger of vomiting. I think there is a certain level of a certain kavalactone that provides the side effects that we associate with climbing mount krunk. Certain kavas can allow you to get more krunk than others without feeling nasty

D

Deleted User01

I usually do 2 or 2.5 tabls of Micro. If I go nuts, then I will do 1 extra tablespoon and that's as heroic as I want to get. I just feel like it's a waste of kava to go any furthur. The "more is better" saying doesn't work that well with Kava ... at least for me. Remember, I'm a kava liteweight and proud of it. :D

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I don't always get heroically krunk, but when I do, it's with heavy kava.

Got crosseyed rubberlegs with heady fu'u once and just layed on the ground with a towel over my eyes for a few hours. I don't know why, but if you're gonna get fulldrunk, heavy niVan kava treats me better.

S

Summer

I know some people measure by tablespoons and some by grams, but for those of you measuring by tablespoons I notice it is usually a heaping tablespoon, which really could be about two level tablespoons depending on your scoop. Am I right? I thought I was a heavyweight because I always measured tablespoons but mine are pretty level. I just wonder if you measured out your heaping spoonfuls if it would turn 5 tablespoons into more like 9-10. Just wondering.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Yeah, probably would. I've been making Kava long enough that I really don't think about how much I am using. I get a feel for it being too weak or too strong and adjust accordingly. But I'm sure technically one of my tablespoons is more like two tablespoons.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've developed a feel for how much I need of each different kava. It doesn't work every time of course. I measure in pretty heaped tablespoons but that seems to vary according to the kava. No real plan behind it but it seems to work out ok.

Kava_Joe

Kava Curious
Once in a while I make various Kavas intentionally strong or weak to see how they effect me. Occasionally I cross the line and take it on the Head and get knocked silly. When I first started drinking Kava I bought some Wakacon Fijian Waka because of the good price. Didn't know a thing about Noble or Tudei Kavas, negative effects, etc. I don't know if it has Tudei or not, but I did get really sick the next day and every time I've used it. Wakas in general do hit me a little hard in the intestinal area. Anyway, as a child of the "60's" I have been stumbling-stoned on just about everything you can imagine so I wasn't really ready for how it would hit me.
I made a fairly strong batch of it and Bula-ed up quickly. I got knocked crazy silly. It's a good thing my had already gone to bed because I don't think I could held a conversation with her. Obliterated is the only word that describes what happened. Defiantly acquired a profound respect for Kava from that night. The next day I got really sick too. I can't say I enjoyed that experience, but it does make me laugh when I think about it. I don't drink Kava to oblivion now, but I don't mind surfing the edge occasionally !::tanoa::::shell:::sleep: BULA

Spiritdog

Kava Curious
I get to a certain point where my body and mind reject the idea of more Kava. It doesn't really seem heroic to me to push yourself to the point of being sick. However, I do enjoy a good krunk. And by "good krunk" I mean a 5-7 tablespoon (heaping) session spread out over 2-3 hours. I know I'm there when I am getting waves of euphoria, a heaviness behind the eyes, and a body-buzzing joyful pain-sapping kind of feeling.

Of course, it also depends on the Kava. Some Kava gets you there really fast, while other Kava takes more powder and more hours. If I'm drinking Nambawan, or Hanakapi'Ai, I will probably need less. If I'm drinking a mellow Lawena, I'll probably have an extended session. Which isn't to say that Lawena is worse, or better, of course.
Have you tried Waka Kava?..If so how does it compare?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've developed a feel for how much I need of each different kava. It doesn't work every time of course. I measure in pretty heaped tablespoons but that seems to vary according to the kava. No real plan behind it but it seems to work out ok.
I should add to this that I seem to be able to vary the amount fairly instinctively to give me more or less the feeling I want. A big part of this for me is the amount of time I have off between work shifts. I don't want to overdo a strong kava if I haven't got much time to get over it before I have to be in work in the morning.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yeah, probably would. I've been making Kava long enough that I really don't think about how much I am using. I get a feel for it being too weak or too strong and adjust accordingly. But I'm sure technically one of my tablespoons is more like two tablespoons.
I have a random plastic glass with a logo from a local business that has become my kastom measuring cup. Fill it to the bottom of the logo with powder, throw in bag. Then, fill all the way with warm water.

When company is drinking I squeeze the makas again, all in one bucket. The taste is less daunting, and we stay more hydrated.