What's new

A prep test and a question

kavasam

Kava Curious
Recently as an experiment I decided to try my normal blender prep using only water from a closed container that had been sitting in the room for a little while. Didn't work out well, the grog was really weak. Today (and normally) I used partial milk plus quite hot water and it worked WAY better, actually worked very well.

Has anyone done a comparison between added milk vs added lecithin vs adding something else? I've seen posts where the results with lecithin were marginal. I'd like to find something to use other than milk because it seems like the milk/root combo intensifies any nausea effects I get. The urpy stomach wasn't so bad with plain water but then the results weren't any good either.

Every root I've tried seems to affect me that way if I use enough liquid to go into 6 or so shells over 2 washes. If I do 2 washes but dial the liquid back to getting only 3 or so shells, I don't have the problem but then the results aren't as strong and they don't last as long either.

I guess another option would be to keep the milk and deal with the urpy stomach using ginger, soda or something else immediately after each shell. Any thoughts on any of the above? How do you deal with it (if that does affect you)?