What's new

A question about kava session planning

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Please forgive the newb questions and thank you in advance to all who answer. :) How do you plan your kava sessions to get the most out of it? I've read on here that people will start drinking shells and then go have a meal and then continue on after... if you run out of kava and want to still drink more but have eaten something in between, should you stick with the same kava for your second batch as the first or can you drink a different kava without the meal negating the effects? Again sorry for the newb questions. I still have a lot to learn. I finished my first batch of kava already and would like some more, but I am so hungry from fasting for so many hours, I just don't want to waste my kava if I have a bite and then make another batch. Thanks again. Bula! ::shell::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
On weekends, I pretty much skip meals until dinner time, krunked from morning till night. The thing I always forget is to keep up my water intake, that's very important. You can drink kava after meals, you do need a few hours in between for full efficacy.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
On weekends, I pretty much skip meals until dinner time, krunked from morning till night. The thing I always forget is to keep up my water intake, that's very important. You can drink kava after meals, you do need a few hours, in between for full efficacy.
Thanks for your reply. :) Yeah, that's what I"m trying to figure out, how much to drink beforehand to have enough effects to ride on while I eat and wait. So after you eat dinner do you drink more kava later too or just ride the krunk you already have?

I had to remind myself tonight while drinking the 24 wave that I had to drink water. When I drink the Squanch, it's like I can feel myself becoming dehydrated while I'm drinking it and I NEED the water you know, it's just so strong, but the 24 wave was so nice and light I totally forgot to drink it. I'm drinking a few glasses now though to make up for it. :)

Thanks so much for your help. :) ::shell::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So after you eat dinner do you drink more kava later too or just ride the krunk you already have?
I usually ride it out from there since I lean towards heady kavas. I sleep like a log.
I can certainly relate to drinking Squanch all day and feeling dehydrated (that was yesterday and today for me :)), of course any kava will do that, sooner or later.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I usually ride it out from there since I lean towards heady kavas. I sleep like a log.
I can certainly relate to drinking Squanch all day and feeling dehydrated (that was yesterday and today for me :)), of course any kava will do that, sooner or later.
:) Thanks so much for your replies. They are helpful. :) Have you had Squanch's Lawena? If so how did you like it? I have his Fiji Waka, it beats me like I'm a red headed step child! Amazing stuff!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
:) Thanks so much for your replies. They are helpful. :) Have you had Squanch's Lawena? If so how did you like it. I have his Fiji Waka, it beats me like I'm a red headed step child! Amazing stuff!
Yeah it messes me up too in the quantity I drink it, lol. The Lawena is freaking really good too, I think Joe said he was getting a new batch early on this week which is supposed to be quite excellent :hungry:

http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/squanch-kava-product-reviews.161/

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
You have plenty of time to try them all :)
I wonder though about scarcity and if I will miss out. I saw a video review of Kava Time's kavacocoa and it sounded so awesome, but that review was quite awhile ago now and they don't have it on their site anymore so I don't know if they are going to bring it back. I am new to it all still I know and I don't know how cyclical all of these things truly are. Do most of the kava products come, go, and come again (eventually) or is it common for some to come, go and never return? It's the never return ones I want to make sure I don't miss out on.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I wonder though about scarcity and if I will miss out. I saw a video review of Kava Time's kavacocoa and it sounded so awesome, but that review was quite awhile ago now and they don't have it on their site anymore so I don't know if they are going to bring it back. I am new to it all still I know and I don't know how cyclical all of these things truly are. Do most of the kava products come, go, and come again (eventually) or is it common for some to come, go and never return? It's the never return ones I want to make sure I don't miss out on.
Some come and go and others remain. The weather plays a big role with Tongan, Vanuatun and Fijian kavas. I know there are other factors but that came to mind first.

The easiest way to ask @Kava Time about that kava is to tag him like I just did. I am sure you can send him an email too.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Some come and go and others remain. The weather plays a big role with Tongan, Vanuatun and Fijian kavas. I know there are other factors but that came to mind first.

The easiest way to ask @Kava Time about that kava is to tag him like I just did. I am sure you can send him an email too.
Ah I didn't even think about asking them! It seems so obvious! I guess I just didn't want to bother anyone so I just keep checking their website instead. That Savusavu they have looks really good to me too. That one is on my list too. :) Thanks again Krunky. You're real nice to talk to me and answer my questions. :) ::shell::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Ah I didn't even think about asking them! It seems so obvious! I guess I just didn't want to bother anyone so I just keep checking their website instead. That Savusavu they have looks really good to me too. That one is on my list too. :) Thanks again Krunky. You're real nice to talk to me and answer my questions. :) ::shell::
I am sure I won't be the last one to offer my opinion..

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Bula @Ibbygirl
We've been waiting for the flavoring ingredients all this while. It arrived yesterday by ship finally so you can expect the flavored kavas to be back in store within 2 weeks at most. We will have two versions available and an old kava will be making a comeback (kadavu waka)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Bula @Ibbygirl
We've been waiting for the flavoring ingredients all this while. It arrived yesterday by ship finally so you can expect the flavored kavas to be back in store within 2 weeks at most. We will have two versions available and an old kava will be making a comeback (kadavu waka)
Ooooooooooh! Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it! Thank you kindly for your reply and for your time. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Nope. You are free to prep with milk for better taste or water if you are lactose intolerant.
Thanks so much. I'm not lactose intolerant, but hubby is and I'm a Vegan so neither of us do milk. Thanks so much for your reply. Can't wait to order it. :)