What's new

Aches Melter?

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I wish there was a better list we had to filter the type of kava we're looking for, so I'm posting here instead.

What's the best kava you have found to stop your body aches? I've been working out a lot recently, and would love to melt into the couch and relax. I've got it covered with heady kava when I want it, but I know next to nothing about the body kavas.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I wish there was a better list we had to filter the type of kava we're looking for, so I'm posting here instead.

What's the best kava you have found to stop your body aches? I've been working out a lot recently, and would love to melt into the couch and relax. I've got it covered with heady kava when I want it, but I know next to nothing about the body kavas.
For me, I like the Papa Kea, it works great after a hard days work. Aloha.

Chris

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
For me, I like the Papa Kea, it works great after a hard days work. Aloha.

Chris
I can confirm this. It's amazing. I had a terrible back pain this morning and I could barely sit in front of my PC at work. I decided to prepare a small bowl of Papa Kea, took 2 shells and suddenly felt my muscles melting and letting all the tension go away. I was still very alert and could work efficiently, but I didn't have to worry about the pain. It's a beautiful kava.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Good call. I've actually been mixing Boronguru with Papa Kea and I've gotta say... it's the strongest mix of grog I've ever made. Intense.

I've been thinking about developing a site that takes all vendors kavas and sorts based on the uses/chemotypes. A little more filter-able than what we've got going on here that would help newcomers find the type of kava that would suit them best. Does anyone think that would be useful?

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I can confirm this. It's amazing. I had a terrible back pain this morning and I could barely sit in front of my PC at work. I decided to prepare a small bowl of Papa Kea, took 2 shells and suddenly felt my muscles melting and letting all the tension go away. I was still very alert and could work efficiently, but I didn't have to worry about the pain. It's a beautiful kava.
Rookie Question: Would you suggest kava during the day for someone that lectures for a living? I generally sip from my yerba mate gourds every day throughout the morning and afternoon as my mind-balancer. But Papa Kea? I haven't tried it yet but the way people talk about it, I don't know how I would get away with it while speaking in front of two to three dozen people at a time. I run 5K per day and lift weights every other day. I would love for my aches to disappear too! I would also welcome a manageable "heady" kava.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Drinking kava during the day is a really risky activity, IMO. Sometimes you get hit HARD, and other times it takes a few more shells. You just might overdo it without meaning to. Additionally, kavas that kill pain are also generally the types that make you sleepy.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Rookie Question: Would you suggest kava during the day for someone that lectures for a living? I generally sip from my yerba mate gourds every day throughout the morning and afternoon as my mind-balancer. But Papa Kea? I haven't tried it yet but the way people talk about it, I don't know how I would get away with it while speaking in front of two to three dozen people at a time. I run 5K per day and lift weights every other day. I would love for my aches to disappear too! I would also welcome a manageable "heady" kava.
I work at a university and many of my colleagues drink kava before lectures or while marking papers. You just have to make sure it's not a very sedating variety and that it's sufficiently dilluted/mild. Many people find it very helpful as it can help you to be a bit more peaceful, but at the same time concentrated on what you want to say

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
The most body-relaxing kava I've had is Nene, Papa Kea, and Boroguru. All from GHK.

@Pacifico, if you stick with heady (Mo'i, Pouni Ono, Nambawan, KavaBoy) then a few shells during the day won't have you fantasizing about finding a couch to lie down on and will probably put you in a good relaxed "zone."

verticity

I'm interested in things
I work at a university and many of my colleagues drink kava before lectures or while marking papers.
lol I decided not to go into academia because of the intense pressure/long hours. I should have applied for a tenure-track position in New Zealand apparently.