What's new

Additives

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
*update* I think the black seed oil definitely helped boost the effects. I'm more and more convinced that Bati is a creeper, but I almost have a full on krunk right now and am only about 7 shells down and with the Bati I find the effects to be rather elusive and I have to make it strong and drink a lot. I have to attribute the difference to the black seed oil then. Great tip @superspeedkit ! Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
teaspoon per ball? I'll test this tonight with some secret stuff I got that hasn't been released yet....ooooh
or maybe some 24 wave.
I only used one tsp for the whole batch and it seemed plenty for me. I did hand prep, two washes (so far... ;) )

I'll bet the 24 waves would taste nice with some coconut oil. :) That kava is so good tasting. :)

Last edited:

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
It is so spendy. How about hemp or cocnut oil?
You could use any oil (or just eat some cheese or something) if you're just going for the bump in effects. I got into black seed oil when my skin was perpetually dry and I was getting derm rashes all the time even while using Amlactin. I found out about it through a website dedicated to helping people with histamine intolerance because it's been proven to have antihistamine properties (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16240107 for example). From reading posts on here by people much smarter than me as well as some Googling, I found the rashes would be helped by substances that stabilize skin mast cells so that they don't release histamine. I had been getting almost unbearable itching for several weeks and the first day I took the black seed oil before my session, the itching was barely noticeable. I almost never have the itching anymore even though I use the same prep (usually Aluball and sometimes blender now) as before. From reading testimonials here, there seems to be a breakthrough point where the itching and rashes get much better and it also changes seasonally with humidity levels. However, the itching going away literally overnight and not really coming back yet makes me think the black seed oil helps at least some amount for derm. (This may be an issue of great interest to you in a few months @Ibbygirl.)

Last edited:

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
My dermo went away after I started taking the black seed capsules. I thought it was related to dropping micro but I drink it daily and have zero dermo issues since I've cut out micro and started taking the black seed. Now that I think about it I bet it is the oil because I aluball a lot and that is essentially homemade micro

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Excellent! Glad you like the flavor too. There's a lot on the forum about using things like soy lecithin in prep to bring out more kavalactones. I notice stronger effects, however, just from the fat being in my stomach with the kava. You can overdo it, though. The only time I've gotten sick from kava was from eating a piece of fried chicken immediately after my 4th shell of Stone. Rookie mistake.
was it the salt or the fat, do you think? Or just too much of a muchness?

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
was it the salt or the fat, do you think? Or just too much of a muchness?
I think it was mainly way more fat than I'm used to during a session. I was having that much Stone pretty regularly at the time. Inventions of the western industrial food industry usually don't go well with kava in my experience. They either lessen the effects by drying out your stomach (crackers, etc.) or over-potentiate the kava as I found out the hard way.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
*update of my update* Okay after a while longer I can say that I definitely feel the effects more strongly, but now I'm feeling sick. The first time I drank the Bati I drank a buttload of it and it made me feel nauseous then too so maybe it's just the way it hits me if I take too much, but I didn't even finish my second wash and feel hella blargy. :wtf: So I think it's ability to potentiate is legit, but yeah, it seems to potentiate EVERYTHING so proceed with caution IMO. Just my humble 2 cents from a newbie who knows absolutely nothing! hehehehe :D

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
*update of my update* Okay after a while longer I can say that I definitely feel the effects more strongly, but now I'm feeling sick. The first time I drank the Bati I drank a buttload of it and it made me feel nauseous then too so maybe it's just the way it hits me if I take too much, but I didn't even finish my second wash and feel hella blargy. :wtf: So I think it's ability to potentiate is legit, but yeah, it seems to potentiate EVERYTHING so proceed with caution IMO. Just my humble 2 cents from a newbie who knows absolutely nothing! hehehehe :D
Bummer. Hope the blarginess passes quickly. FOR SCIENCE!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Inventions of the western industrial food industry usually don't go well with kava in my experience. They either lessen the effects by drying out your stomach (crackers, etc.) or over-potentiate the kava as I found out the hard way.
That's exactly my impression and experience. Those are good for manipulating the experience, but for food I just stick mostly to veg and fruit.

dankerzee

Kava Curious
I'm glad to hear about the Bati, just ordered some from Kavafied. Always look forward to their stuff. The Kava King instant has been working pretty decently, although the maltodextrin I think creates a little bit of gastrointestinal reaction for me. Probably just how I process it, though. I agree with ginger, I eat a little every morning whether or not I drink Kava. I've washed with coconut water with the aluball and that has worked really well and the flavor came out nicely. I do it straight with just the kava and water usually, though, and most brands have a decent taste for me. I've grown to like it more.