What's new

Allergy

Hi all
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Kava and just wanted to ask an important question..
I started taking Kava about 6 weeks ago and it ,quite literally,has saved my life...I was drinking too much,my marriage was in tatters and my anxiety was at an all time high(no thanks to the alcohol of course)
Then I found Kava...it was like a dream..no anxiety,no longing for alcohol...it made me relaxed, without being drowsy and the best bit was,it gave me back some self esteem...
The brand I use is Kava king Vanuatu instant mix.I did ,in the beginning,find it quite bad tasting ,but overcame this by mixing it with orange juice and coconut milk and any nausea I had was eliminated by having ginger water on the side..
Anyway,a week ago I ordered some more Kava,but due to adverse weather in my country (Ireland)my delivery was delayed...the absence of Kava made me buy a few beers and on the day my Kava arrived I had already had 2 beers in the morning before I took the kava in the afternoon...within 24 hours I was in a full blown state of allergic reaction...full body urticaria ( hives),swollen puffy face etc...
Sorry for rambling on but I just wonder is Kava completely out for me now?was it the beer combo that caused this?has anyone ever returned to kava after an allergic episode like this??

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi all
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Kava and just wanted to ask an important question..
I started taking Kava about 6 weeks ago and it ,quite literally,has saved my life...I was drinking too much,my marriage was in tatters and my anxiety was at an all time high(no thanks to the alcohol of course)
Then I found Kava...it was like a dream..no anxiety,no longing for alcohol...it made me relaxed, without being drowsy and the best bit was,it gave me back some self esteem...
The brand I use is Kava king Vanuatu instant mix.I did ,in the beginning,find it quite bad tasting ,but overcame this by mixing it with orange juice and coconut milk and any nausea I had was eliminated by having ginger water on the side..
Anyway,a week ago I ordered some more Kava,but due to adverse weather in my country (Ireland)my delivery was delayed...the absence of Kava made me buy a few beers and on the day my Kava arrived I had already had 2 beers in the morning before I took the kava in the afternoon...within 24 hours I was in a full blown state of allergic reaction...full body urticaria ( hives),swollen puffy face etc...
Sorry for rambling on but I just wonder is Kava completely out for me now?was it the beer combo that caused this?has anyone ever returned to kava after an allergic episode like this??
No, beer is completely out for you. Talk to Edward and get some better root. Stick to that better path you found, you’ll be glad you did.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@Edward Sells kava, for pets, in the UK...picking up where @Global Kava Exports left off. Not sure about the republic of Ireland, but possibly.
Kava King's Vanuatu if fine, but not outstanding, and I believe it does have an additive like rice powder, or something like that. Not sure if that could be the cause of your reaction. Perhaps not, since you only have had this reaction when you've combined beer with kava to close together. That isn't a normal reaction though, but we are all different, may your body can only tolerate one or the other but not both. Every once in a while people show up here describing allergic reactions like yours, it's not common, but it does happen, some get passed it, some don't. Try some new kavas, and avoid the combination that gave you the reaction...unless you're willing to try it again to verify if it was or wasn't a fluke.

Hi Edward
I would like a form of kava that's not likely to cause an allergic reaction...there's so many different vendors out there and it's impossible for me to know which ones are good and which ones aren't..I believe I should be looking for"noble"kava...the kava king Vanuatu instant mix that I tried did have a great effect on my mind,just not on my body!!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The cleanest ones particulate wise are your best bet. So avoid micro and bad strainer bags lol

Assumably your liver need helps after all the alcohol so you might try picking up milk thistle or shisandra. Or turmeric or holy basil or dandelion root or burdock root to help your liver cool down

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi Edward
I would like a form of kava that's not likely to cause an allergic reaction...there's so many different vendors out there and it's impossible for me to know which ones are good and which ones aren't..I believe I should be looking for"noble"kava...the kava king Vanuatu instant mix that I tried did have a great effect on my mind,just not on my body!!
I only have micro. It's easy enough to buy some from other vendors. Kavafied and kalm with kava both ship to the UK. Or just use stackry in my signature. Have your kava shipped to them and then resent to you. You write your own shipping label. If you want to try the micro and see how it works I'm happy to do just 1 ounce.