What's new

Aluball screen broke after 3 uses? Bad quality control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Hello my friends,

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen .. a couple nights ago I purchased an Aluball at my local kava bar and have used it three times ... at the end of the third use I had sediment in my mouth and was wondering why but didn't think much of it.

I cleaned it and then went to use it the next day and noticed a small tear in the screen:

You can see it's obviously because the screen is VERY off center and was melted/sealed in that way, basically ensuring it was going to fail prematurely .. there was probably less than 1mm of screen actually inside the plastic so it easily came loose. Not good quality control ..

What should I do about this? I literally used it three times and it was always more than half full when I shook it .. No amount of care could have stopped it from failing when you see how badly aligned the screen was with the holes.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Hello my friends,

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen .. a couple nights ago I purchased an Aluball at my local kava bar and have used it three times ... at the end of the third use I had sediment in my mouth and was wondering why but didn't think much of it.

I cleaned it and then went to use it the next day and noticed a small tear in the screen:

You can see it's obviously because the screen is VERY off center and was melted/sealed in that way, basically ensuring it was going to fail prematurely .. there was probably less than 1mm of screen actually inside the plastic so it easily came loose. Not good quality control ..

What should I do about this? I literally used it three times and it was always more than half full when I shook it .. No amount of care could have stopped it from failing when you see how badly aligned the screen was with the holes.
Hey @Zentri sorry to hear you had a defective one. We improved the quality control recently by having each screen hand cut and inserted individually by hand but every so often one may slip through the cracks through human error. Email us at [email protected] and I'll get you a replacement asap. Apologizes if this disrupted your Saturday Night Grog session.

Matt

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Hey @Zentri sorry to hear you had a defective one. We improved the quality control recently by having each screen hand cut and inserted individually by hand but every so often one may slip through the cracks through human error. Email us at [email protected] and I'll get you a replacement asap. Apologizes if this disrupted your Saturday Night Grog session.

Matt
Thank you for your quick reply! I have emailed you :)

I appreciate everything, looking forward to getting shaking again lol.

Zentri

Status
Not open for further replies.