What's new

Kava Preparation Alubottle vs kneading

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Are you using multiple balls in your bottle? Or just making doses back to back and adding them? I just have an AluBall comin tomorrow (supposed to have been today damn usps... It was ordered through Amazon early on Wed the 7th), i made another order way later that same day from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and already received it yesterday and it shipped from Hawaii... I specifically decided to try kava again because i saw the AluBall Maker and it being a game changer for me due to its AWESOME boost in convenience and does so without sacrificing the effects of traditionally prepared method. I will eventually purchase a second, maybe third AluBall as not to cancel out any convenience by having to refill the single ball 2-3 times and shake em separately for my desired dose.
AluBall is great and makes good grog. You can do fine with one ball if you adjust water ratios. Two balls is more convenient. Three balls is good for special occasions, like Friday night with nambawan.

For good grog with one ball, I use 2 tbs grind with 300 ml for a 1st wash. Shake for one minute, pour into a mason jar. Then do a second wash width 200 ml, shake for two minutes, then pour into the jar with the first wash, shake that together and voila, nice grog. For stronger grog, use 200 and then 150 ml on those two washes. Bula!