What's new

Am I Alone?

Chillbert

Kava Curious
Often when kneading, inadvertent splashing results in prepped kava landing on the counter. In such cases I bend over and schlurp those runaways right off the counter, as wiping them away seems a sin. This moment never fails to make me feel a tad self-conscious, though the logic of schurlpping seems inescapable.

Still I wonder: Are there others bowing to their countertops?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I don't, cuz I licked something off a counter once, that previously had raw carne asada juice spilled on it and I got the most violently ill food poisoning of my life. Actually thought I might die.

What I do with kava is prep it on top of a sheet of plastic and then pour all my drips back into the final mix.
::chugger::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I use a blender then strain into a high sided jug, rare to spill any at all.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
I don't, cuz I licked something off a counter once, that previously had raw carne asada juice spilled on it and I got the most violently ill food poisoning of my life. Actually thought I might die.

What I do with kava is prep it on top of a sheet of plastic and then pour all my drips back into the final mix.
::chugger::
Hmmm. I hadn't given the physical risks any thought at all. You make an excellent point.

What sort of plastic do you use? I seem to recall a plastic mat intended for baking prep. Is it something like that?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Hmmm. I hadn't given the physical risks any thought at all. You make an excellent point.

What sort of plastic do you use? I seem to recall a plastic mat intended for baking prep. Is it something like that?
I usually cut up grocery bags or rip open the seams of a sandwich bag...you could also use plastic/Saran wrap too I suppose.