What's new

I Love Kava Friday Another Friday!

D

Deleted User01

Oh man, you made me go back and re-read your review. I'm hoping mine comes in today. So it is it light like the Kumakua? How would you compare the 2?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Oh man, you made me go back and re-read your review. I'm hoping mine comes in today. So it is it light like the Kumakua? How would you compare the 2?
You know they were very similar, I think I have to get to the bottom of this bag to give you my honest opinion. This kava is a bit lighter and floaty, I'll let you know :)

D

Deleted User01

@nickbroken (almost) got it right when he called me a weakling. Once you get into these lighter colored, mild tasting kavas, there is no looking back. I'm surprised it is light because Chris calls it a dark kava but I guess that has nothing to do with the roots but perhaps the aerial parts. Thanks for the info.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
@nickbroken (almost) got it right when he called me a weakling. Once you get into these lighter colored, mild tasting kavas, there is no looking back. I'm surprised it is light because Chris calls it a dark kava but I guess that has nothing to do with the roots but perhaps the aerial parts. Thanks for the info.
Yeah man the funny thing I'd even the boroguru seems mild flavour wise compared to other Vanuatu kava I have had, I think he just outsources the best possible quality that there is when it comes to kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah man the funny thing I'd even the boroguru seems mild flavour wise compared to other Vanuatu kava I have had, I think he just outsources the best possible quality that there is when it comes to kava.
The KWK Borongoru I was drinking yesterday I would classify as "light tasting" and I didn't find it particularly heavy. It was very pleasant. Balanced.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
The KWK Borongoru I was drinking yesterday I would classify as "light tasting" and I didn't find it particularly heavy. It was very pleasant. Balanced.
I haven't tried the boroguru from kwk only their borogu, I might have to give it a show since I prefer balanced kava or heavy.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Some of the borongoru is lighter colored. Makes it taste mild but it still packs a punch.

I don't know if it has a higher chip to lateral ratio, or if it was prepared silese style by stripping the outer bark from the lateral roots.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Borongoru in the bucket, mellow tunes on shuffle. Got a peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich waiting to kick it.

Bula!