What's new

Any help would be so appreciated

I'm new and want to come off 1mg of klonopin a day for 20 years with breaks.
I bought 3 different types of kava. 1. Instant kava kava 40% kava quick kava-piper methysticum
, 2. a 700mg capsule-Piper Methysticum Extract, and 3. Premium noble Kava kava root powder
To say I'm confused is an understatement!!!
Do I just stop the klonopin after a week of serious taper and start kava?
I must sound so naive...I am!!!
Any help would be soooooo greatful!!
How do I start??
Thank you so much for reading all this!!!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I bought 3 different types of kava. 1. Instant kava kava 40% kava quick kava-piper methysticum
, 2. a 700mg capsule-Piper Methysticum Extract, and 3. Premium noble Kava kava root powder
How do I start??
Hi and welcome to kavaforums, I suggest you tapper off as slowly as possible from the Klonopin, there isn't really a need to rush off of it until your body gets fully acclimated to kava and even then it's okay to use both, just try and space them out. I started drinking kava for the same reason and can tell you confidently that kava is the only and best alternative to Benzos that I've ever found. Of course I always recommend you speak to your primary care physician and let him/her know what and how you are doing it. I was fortunate with my doctor because he had already heard of kava, but it's good to let them know because they typically know you best.

Sounds like you have a good variety of kavas to start you off, I recommend a medium grind as it is always more affordable and I find them longer lasting and more effective overall.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
How do I start??
No way! Do *NOT* taper Klonopin so fast! Kava is not a replacement for benzos but it does help withdrawal symptoms. For example, I can skip entire Klonopin doses on a good heavy kava. I am not sure what you have there but best place to start would be with a reputable vendor here on the forums. Look for HEAVY kavas! The heavier, the better and use medium grind. Please do not stop Klonopin! You can still use kava while taking benzos, as it does not interfere with those receptors in the brain or elimination. In fact, it may keep the Klonopin around in your system a bit longer. So, if you are tapering, please no more than 10% of your dose every two weeks. That is the fastest you should go. Good luck and stay safe! Any other questions, always ask here first. Everyone watches out for each other! ;)

No way! Do *NOT* taper Klonopin so fast! Kava is not a replacement for benzos but it does help withdrawal symptoms. For example, I can skip entire Klonopin doses on a good heavy kava. I am not sure what you have there but best place to start would be with a reputable vendor here on the forums. Look for HEAVY kavas! The heavier, the better and use medium grind. Please do not stop Klonopin! You can still use kava while taking benzos, as it does not interfere with those receptors in the brain or elimination. In fact, it may keep the Klonopin around in your system a bit longer. So, if you are tapering, please no more than 10% of your dose every two weeks. That is the fastest you should go. Good luck and stay safe! Any other questions, always ask here first. Everyone watches out for each other! ;)
Oh, I didn’t mean to sound so dramatic! I wouldn't do that. I was just trying to get a feeling of the effects of both Kava and Clonazepam.
Thank you SOOO much for your awesome concern. I promise to keep updating. I still have not tried Kava yet. I don't know why I'm hesitant!!! From all my research, Clonazepam is so much worse, yet I'll take those without hesitation...habit, I guess. Plus I know what the outcome will be...it just seems easier.
Sometimes when I read about Kava it seems like the preparation involved can be daunting. I'd like to start with something instant or similar. I absolutely do not want to get overwhelmed.
I hope I'm making sense and not whining. I will look right now for a heavy blend, medium grind. Is there anything thing else I should search for as far as brands, ingredients...etc.
I always seem to read about piper methysticum A LOT!!! Is that an important ingredient?
Oh well, I'll start looking. I'm not afraid of failure...it doesn't bother me to try, try and try again. I just have faith that Kava can and hopefully WILL work for me...too many people swear by it.
Thank you all so much again!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Oh, I didn’t mean to sound so dramatic! I wouldn't do that. I was just trying to get a feeling of the effects of both Kava and Clonazepam.
Thank you SOOO much for your awesome concern. I promise to keep updating. I still have not tried Kava yet. I don't know why I'm hesitant!!! From all my research, Clonazepam is so much worse, yet I'll take those without hesitation...habit, I guess. Plus I know what the outcome will be...it just seems easier.
Sometimes when I read about Kava it seems like the preparation involved can be daunting. I'd like to start with something instant or similar. I absolutely do not want to get overwhelmed.
I hope I'm making sense and not whining. I will look right now for a heavy blend, medium grind. Is there anything thing else I should search for as far as brands, ingredients...etc.
I always seem to read about piper methysticum A LOT!!! Is that an important ingredient?
Oh well, I'll start looking. I'm not afraid of failure...it doesn't bother me to try, try and try again. I just have faith that Kava can and hopefully WILL work for me...too many people swear by it.
Thank you all so much again!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Everyone is different. So, what works for me may not work the same for you. Your best bet at starting off could be micro or instant, if you feel overwhelmed by medium grind (easy to do! I was just there not too long ago!). I have found some great ones that work for me with anxiety and replace some doses of klonopin when I get the desired effect from kava. For example, some heavy kavas that I, personally, love for this purpose are KWK Melo Melo, KWK Vula Waka (micro or medium grind), Kava Vinaka Waka (you don't need a lot of this one once you get through Reverse Tolerance!), and their Chief's Choice. Also, Kavafied's Supreme and Bati. You can buy Kavafied on Amazon. Some of Kalm with Kava is on Amazon as well. So, if that's easier, check it out there. Grab some Aluballs too, with the kava maker. This is the easiest way to prepare medium grind. This is how I started out and didn't take long to figure out that all methods have a purpose for me, which I use weekly now! I use KWK Vula Waka in my nightly tea (the micro version) with either of the stongest Kava Vinaka's Fijian kavas (about 4oz of medium grind and a heaping teaspoonful of micro for bed in my tea). This took place of my night time Klonopin! Amazing, to me, since I never thought that could happen. It took time, and I did wean down and off it as I found what worked for me with kava at night. I hope this helps!