What's new

Any Micro Dermo Issues with P.O. or others?

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Hello everyone. First of all, I am only fishing for information here. I have had no issues with pouni ono or any KWK/Kava R Us products. The main reason is that I have barely had a chance to try them. I got my first dermo within a day of receiving pouni ono in the mail. I am just asking about them because I have some on hand and I would like to drink them when my dermo is gone.

I am coming off three weeks of some lousy flaky dermo that has really put a damper on my dating life. Things are alleviating and I want to toy with some kava again. I have had some GHK boroguru tonight already. I have about a half-pound of KWK Pouni Ono and a little bit of their lawena. Can anyone tell me about any dermo issues with these micros? I know one of them is relatively new to the market. I am very close to making Chris my main supplier due to his strong stance against makas. Before dermo (my other kava was 11 yr before I got it) I was comfortable with the information that KWK had provided at the time. After my skin started to go all rattlesnake on me, I realized that while I knew more than others about what I was buying, I still didn't know enough. The makas issue makes all kind of sense to me. I sometimes buy frozen lemongrass and it is always green. The green part of lemongrass is not a part that most people want but it of course adds weight. Anyways, just wondering what I should do with this KWK for now. I am confident that it's not bad but this dermo has to go away for good.

Last edited:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Think he means the pouni ono micronized from kavakavsrus.com....pretty sure the partnered with kalm with kava...
The only reason I can see you getting dermo is because you have gone threw a bunch of kava products in a short amount of time!
Pretty sure you have gone through GHK's micronized kavas...maybe a few bags? If I had to start all over again I think I would start with medium root powder and do the traditonal prep.kneading/straining ect...which was how I started in the begining...
Then once you get a feel for kava you can work your way into the instant and micro stuff....
The only thing else i can think of for why your not getting good effects is maybe your on a type of med from a Dr? Theres a bunch of reason why kava sometimes works and some times doesnt...but its hard to pin point it down for sure....

D

Deleted User01

@Pacifico, I only drink Micronized from GHK and no other kava. Been doing it for a year or two. I have never gotten Dermo from Kava. Honestly, I consider myself lucky and it may be that I don't drink it everyday and I drink in moderation. I do it about 4-5 times a week.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@Kalm with Kava @Kava Kava R us

I changed the title of this thread. I am coming off of dermo and I wanted to know if anyone had any dermo experiences with Pouni Ono or "lawena". I just realized that the title could indicate that I had dermo issues with your product. The truth is that I have barely touched your product yet. I am trying to come back into my kava experiment safely. I know that your product is reputable. My concern is makas at this point. I cannot ascertain that makas have caused my dermo. However, I do know that the only kava I have consumed up until now is @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava micro with no makas AND a half-pound of 11 Year Waka. 11 Year is micro but I strained it and there was plenty of debri left over. I can't confirm that it was the culprit. My first instinct is to stick with GHK for awhile to see if I can finally break through RT and avoid dermo completely. My "problem" is that I have some pouni ono and lawena that I wouldn't mind trying if I knew that it was as clean as GHK. I have heard nothing bad/everything good about your products so I am not terribly concerned but if I am ultrasensitive to makas, I need to be careful. That wouldn't mean throwing it out if it was a rougher micro. It would just mean that I would have to spread out my sessions. At this point, I do think that I am going to be more of a Friday drinker than a daily drinker but again, this is all an experiment. I know I am not setting any records when it comes to battling RT but I know that most people would have quit by now. Anyways, anyone reading this should know that I have not had any bad experiences with your product. I am only around about potential issues. Up until now, there is no indication that your product is problematic.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Oh so you had dermo before the KWK showed up? Thanks @Pacifico. I would peg the 11yeAr. Only kava to date that has given me dermo. Hence my assigning it to special occasion duty. Like my honeymoon....already bagged a wife, time to transform into croc man!

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Oh so you had dermo before the KWK showed up? Thanks @Pacifico. I would peg the 11yeAr. Only kava to date that has given me dermo. Hence my assigning it to special occasion duty. Like my honeymoon....already bagged a wife, time to transform into croc man!
Yes. That is why I did some editing to this thread. I basically wanted to find out if anyone would tell me to stay away from pouni ono if I had dermo issues.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Think he means the pouni ono micronized from kavakavsrus.com....pretty sure the partnered with kalm with kava...
The only reason I can see you getting dermo is because you have gone threw a bunch of kava products in a short amount of time!
Pretty sure you have gone through GHK's micronized kavas...maybe a few bags? If I had to start all over again I think I would start with medium root powder and do the traditonal prep.kneading/straining ect...which was how I started in the begining...
Then once you get a feel for kava you can work your way into the instant and micro stuff....
The only thing else i can think of for why your not getting good effects is maybe your on a type of med from a Dr? Theres a bunch of reason why kava sometimes works and some times doesnt...but its hard to pin point it down for sure....
I am waiting for the AluBall. I have high hopes but low expectations for it. I have watched the video a few times and am pretty impressed with what the grog looks like but really... this is a thirty second process that is to replace what other people do in ten to twenty minutes of dirty work. If drinking kava meant that I had to do the kneading, I would simply not drink kava at home.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I am waiting for the AluBall. I have high hopes but low expectations for it. I have watched the video a few times and am pretty impressed with what the grog looks like but really... this is a thirty second process that is to replace what other people do in ten to twenty minutes of dirty work. If drinking kava meant that I had to do the kneading, I would simply not drink kava at home.
Ya, they never answered my question about the micron size of the mesh of the AluBall. That could be a big determinant of whether it will prevent dermo.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Ya, they never answered my question about the micron size of the mesh of the AluBall. That could be a big determinant of whether it will prevent dermo.
They stepped into the cage with it. They must be pretty confident that they have something. I imagine that they will do a members only or something when it's ready to ship. After that, the verdict will be read inside of a week. Who knows when it will be out though.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Perfectly acceptable results can be had in much less than 20 minutes. I now knead for 5-10 with concerted effort and am happy with the results.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I sent Pacifico a PM on this but here's a copy for anyone else that may come across this thread as well:
Thanks for the clarifying info Pacifico. I would find it very unlikely to get dermo from 1 days usage especially if you were dealing with it on and off for 3 weeks prior.
With that said, Tongan and Fijian kavas are notorious for dermo as a side effect with heavy kava usage. It's speculated (by myself) to possibly be from the higher concentrations of #6 Methysticin. Even with traditionally prepared root, many islanders report this and some actually wear it as a badge of honor that they can afford to drink so much kava. Typically the onset is much faster if the root is not strained enough or for me personally, if I drink Tongan or Fijian kava exclusively for a couple of weeks straight.

Here's a couple suggestions I'd have for you:
Try traditionally prepared root with a fine strainer and limit micro to 2 or 3 days a week to determine if you're micro sensitive.
Mix up your routine with a good Noble Vanuatu kava and limit Fijian / Tongan to 2-3 days per week.
I'd also like to add though, if at anytime anyone believes there to be an issue with any of our products, don't hesitate to contact us!
We will immediately do further testing and pull that product from sale if need be.
Thank you
Mike
Kalm with Kava

Kava Kava R us

\Bula/ As another shell goes down!
Kava Vendor
I sent Pacifico a PM on this but here's a copy for anyone else that may come across this thread as well:
Thanks for the clarifying info Pacifico. I would find it very unlikely to get dermo from 1 days usage especially if you were dealing with it on and off for 3 weeks prior.
With that said, Tongan and Fijian kavas are notorious for dermo as a side effect with heavy kava usage. It's speculated (by myself) to possibly be from the higher concentrations of #6 Methysticin. Even with traditionally prepared root, many islanders report this and some actually wear it as a badge of honor that they can afford to drink so much kava. Typically the onset is much faster if the root is not strained enough or for me personally, if I drink Tongan or Fijian kava exclusively for a couple of weeks straight.

Here's a couple suggestions I'd have for you:
Try traditionally prepared root with a fine strainer and limit micro to 2 or 3 days a week to determine if you're micro sensitive.
Mix up your routine with a good Noble Vanuatu kava and limit Fijian / Tongan to 2-3 days per week.
I'd also like to add though, if at anytime anyone believes there to be an issue with any of our products, don't hesitate to contact us!
We will immediately do further testing and pull that product from sale if need be.
Thank you
Mike
Kalm with Kava
Thanks for jumping in with this Mike.

Yes, anyone is welcome to contact us with any questions or concerns.

So far I have shared this new Micro Pouni Ono with several locals and also sent some out. People have been saying very nice things about this kava.

It should also be available for sale again within the next 1-3 weeks!

Those who want can try filtering this through your fine Kava strainers. I think you are going to be impressed finding basicly nothing left behind. Personally I mix it directly into warm water with a spoon then drink. Really you could use it many ways though... In a smoothie? Shaker bottle, Thermos, Flavored drinks, or even try making a honey spread :)

Regards,
Mark
Kava Kava R Us

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I also find it hard to believe that you got dermo from the Pouni uno, it takes a while to get dermo unless your drinking a tudei kava. I have heard others getting the dermo from drinking the 11 year old micro, I would think it might be that but still if you have not been drinking for more than a month or 2 then I would say it might be something else. If you truly think it is kava I would stop all kava and try one at a time to see which one caused the effects your seeing. I drink my Hawaiian every day and I have no problems. Aloha.

Chris

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Yep... I know I didn't get dermo from pouni ono. That is why I went it and edited because I realized that I wasn't communicating very clearly. I have barely touched pouni ono so I thought I would ask anyone if they had any issues with it before I started drinking it AFTER my dermo went away. I realized when I contacted that something was off. Then I read some of the other replies and realized that I needed to be more specific about my inquiry. Mike gave me some good info. I would like to delete this thread all together. I have done some editing though and I hope that if nothing else, people can see here that these guys are attentive to their customers. My dermo is basically gone now. It took three weeks. I have a bit of your boroguru left so I will try that first to try to take advantage of its potency for my RT. Then it is onto Pouni Ono and some other samples on the way. I haven't given up on kava yet. So far, it has been a long and frustrating process with almost no positive results. The best part so far is learning about something new here on the forum from you guys. I will probably give it another month. I have to stop a few weeks before traveling to Australia this summer in case I get dermo again.