What's new

Any of you substituting Kava for Alcohol this New Years?

Bert07

Me like da kava
I am. I figured I'll more than likely be driving around at some point and the last thing I need is a DUI - especially considering the increase of police checkpoints this year around where I live. And also of course for the safety of myself and others. For these reasons, it makes for a perfect alternative. Plus, no hangover the next day. So,,, I will raise my shells to my fellow Kava drinkers tonight. Bula! and Happy New Years to you all!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I always substitute kava for alcohol. Haven't had a drink in 2 years. I just lost my taste for it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
since my plans changed, i probably will...but then again, i just started getting dermopathy so maybe i won't

Gradius

I always prefer kava to alcohol when I have access to it, and tonight I do :happy:
But in danger of being a spoilsport, I don't think driving while inebriated on kava is such a good idea. At least not if you are going to drink a lot or drink one of the more sedating strains.

Bert07

Me like da kava
No need to worry, I won't have one too many before going out. Though, I'm afraid I can't say the same when I get back home and settle in for the night. :smuggrin:

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I tend to do either but not both on a given night. Came home today and was too tired to try and mix a bowl up...poured myself a nice tall Abbey Dubbel... Guess that means alcohol for me tonight..

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
You shouldn't drive on alcohol not because its against the law, but because it's very dangerous. The same goes for kava, but possibly not to the same degree. Personally, i never had a big thing for alcohol. A very overrated drug imho. Since i'm usually alone on new years eve, i see no reason to drink alcohol... a drink only makes sense if i want to be totally stupid and do stupid things around people.

D

Deleted User01

I always make a nice new years eve and drink red wine. No Kava for me till later in the week. And I don't drive anywhere so it's not a problem. I'm writing this on New Years morning, no hangover, moderation in everything.