What's new

Anybody else notice how much diet affects their "krunk" levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
I've often heard that kava is 'fat soluble' and while it sometimes has seemed like a stretch to say that what I eat has an immediate effect on my grog, I have noticed that when I eat a fat-heavy meal and grog after, I feel the effects much stronger than a low-fat meal. On a much grander note, I've been on a very low fat diet over the past couple of months, and compared to before when I was pretty liberal with dietary fats, the affect of kava on me is ridiculously weak. My strongest krunk ever was when I was temporarily destitute and living off of fried tater tots. I would finish off a mountain of them and then grog into a blissful, heady krunk. Since going very low on dietary fats, I barely feel the effects of kava at all, now to the point of frustration. It still helps me get to sleep, but there is no headiness and no euphoria or mellow 'wave' washing over me. So, despite the benefits of being on my current low-fat diet, I'm going heavy again on the dietary fats to make certain that this really is the problem.

I was curious if anybody else has noticed a differing effect kava has depending on their regular diet?

Yianni

Kava Curious
All I can say is that there are numerous studies that find fats are extremelt healthy, even saturated ones. A diet consisting mainly on fats and protein is very good. Only avoid hydrogenated and vegetable nut fats etc. So go back to eating fats!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Eating before Kava or after Kava is a HUGE part of how it affects you. It is more fundamental to think about food and Kava than even Kava preparation methods.

If you are getting a good and honest afternoon strong krunk, you will typically have a light lunch and then a long session from the early afternoon into the evening. Typically, I skip dinner altogether. Having no appetite is a fool proof evidence of reaching "krunk." Call it a super convenient diet! If I do a medium krunk, I'll usually drink less Kava (still on an empty stomach) and then have a late light dinner which often potentiates the Kava. I find hot soups (Ramen in particular) are major potentiates. Also grilled meats, cheese, etc.

Lately, I've been kneading strong Kava and drinking 1 - 2 litres in the afternoon and skipping dinner altogether. I started this as a means of getting off booze, but now I'm enjoying the krunk so much and getting so creative that I can't fathom looking back.

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
All I can say is that there are numerous studies that find fats are extremelt healthy, even saturated ones. A diet consisting mainly on fats and protein is very good. Only avoid hydrogenated and vegetable nut fats etc. So go back to eating fats!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, I agree. I won't get into any debate here because I've been full circle on all of it. I LOVE my dietary fats. In fact, I used to be on a medium protein, high fat, low carb diet. Since going high carb and low fat, my blood pressure has gone from 'high' to ideal, and my entire life has changed for the better. The original plan was a three month 'reset' so to speak, before returning to a medium amount of dietary fats. But seeing as how I'm already doing well and kava isn't hitting me as much, I'm going back to my fats. :happy:

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
Eating before Kava or after Kava is a HUGE part of how it affects you. It is more fundamental to think about food and Kava than even Kava preparation methods.

If you are getting a good and honest afternoon strong krunk, you will typically have a light lunch and then a long session from the early afternoon into the evening. Typically, I skip dinner altogether. Having no appetite is a fool proof evidence of reaching "krunk." Call it a super convenient diet! If I do a medium krunk, I'll usually drink less Kava (still on an empty stomach) and then have a late light dinner which often potentiates the Kava. I find hot soups (Ramen in particular) are major potentiates. Also grilled meats, cheese, etc.

Lately, I've been kneading strong Kava and drinking 1 - 2 litres in the afternoon and skipping dinner altogether. I started this as a means of getting off booze, but now I'm enjoying the krunk so much and getting so creative that I can't fathom looking back.
Oh my goodness, tell me about it. Before when I hardly ever ate, kava fit in perfectly with my lifestyle. Now, since I've been doing a 'clean bulk' or trying to put on muscle and weightlifting, I've been having a very hard time getting that true krunk, since I'm always having some big meals. The only thing that keeps me going is when I'm ready to maintain or cut and will be back to my small meals!

Status
Not open for further replies.