What's new

Anyone else hate Kava cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJo

Kava Curious
Hi Guys,
As the title suggests, does anyone else hate cold Kava? I seem to prefer it warm, cold seems to amp up the flavour which I don't particularly enjoy as of yet.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
interesting. It was the addition of ice cubes that enabled me to drink it straight, no chaser, sip it, drink larger shells, avoid dermo, and enjoy the flavour. That was really the breakthrough for me, that and time.

Buveurs de Kava has a whole chapter on aroma and flavour and apparently that's what regular kava drinkers get into, eventually. I have seen the process in myself. I find myself really enjoying the smell in the bag, the smell as it's being prepped, the smell of the shell, even the smell of a bag of makas awaiting another wash that has been sitting in the fridge overnight. And when it is something like Nambawan I go ape over it. And then there's the flavour of it warm in a small shell after the prep is ready, then the flavour in a big tumbler with lots of ice, the taste of the different washes, the taste after overnight in a jar, etc etc. Sometimes second wash is the best, both in flavour and effects. I like it all.....

D

Deleted User01

I am the opposite. I drink my kneaded kava cold because it numbs the taste for me. But I also make kava ahead of time and I have to put it in the fridge until I'm ready to drink it. Man, if Kava tasted like Hot Chocolate or Coffee, I would drink it warm. But it don't, do it? :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When I first started drinking kava traditionally via the knead and squeeze method I was drinking stone kava warm directly from the bowl. For some reason this didn't bother me even in the slightest. Now, even thinking about drinking kava warm makes me choke up. Your likes and dislikes will change as you mature in your kava consumption. I think it's a process we all eventually go through when we continue to be kava consumers :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I am the opposite. I drink my kneaded kava cold because it numbs the taste for me. But I also make kava ahead of time and I have to put it in the fridge until I'm ready to drink it. Man, if Kava tasted like Hot Chocolate or Coffee, I would drink it warm. But it don't, do it? :D
My mocha kava tastes a bit like it. But I serve that iced. :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
When I first started drinking kava traditionally via the knead and squeeze method I was drinking stone kava warm directly from the bowl. For some reason this didn't bother me even in the slightest. Now, even thinking about drinking kava warm makes me choke up. Your likes and dislikes will change as you mature in your kava consumption. I think it's a process we all eventually go through when we continue to be kava consumers :)
Same. I went through a short phase where I'd trad prep half a liter of tudei with warm tap water first thing in the morning, chug it, and go through the day in a haze.

Well, a haze, or more like snowstorm if I forgot to put on moisturizer.

TJo

Kava Curious
Yeah, maybe I’m just different or maybe my preferences haven’t settled in some sense yet. I actually don’t mind the taste of Kava, some are worse than others. I have no chasers afterwards but some days it makes me gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.