What's new

ava for Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdm

Kava Curious
I find kava to actually wake me when taken at night prior to bed. What kava (nobel) and quantity, definitely induce sleep for you guys.?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I find kava to actually wake me when taken at night prior to bed. What kava (nobel) and quantity, definitely induce sleep for you guys.?
Kava has overall sedative effects, but the kavalactones that make up the varieties of kava (assuming it all comes from one place) give each a unique effect. These are categorized into "heavy" and "heady" kavas, where heavies affect your body and heady kavas effect your mind. A lot of kavas are mix and match on how much they affect what part of you. A lot of people drink kava to relieve pain and heavy kavas are useful for that, while others drink kava to ease anxiety or to otherwise improve mood or mental clarity, where a heady kava would be useful.

But kavas have a way of affecting each individual differently, so it doesn't hurt to try a variety pack of heavy, heady, and balanced varieties. Also, try to consume kava way earlier, as in 4+ hours before bed. And definitely drink kava before you eat something. You'll need a higher amount of kava powder if you plan to drink with food in you. Space out each drink by 15-30 minutes. Only you can gauge what makes for good spacing. Some like to pound a cup very frequently while others like to space it out less frequently than even 30 minutes. Kavalactones also remain in your body for several hours after drinking, a reason why it's unwise to drink alcohol so close after a kava session.

Status
Not open for further replies.