What's new

Back

Steph

Kava Enthusiast
A few days ago I said I thought I was ending my journey with Kava. I was doing this because of possible problems with a medicine I take. I'll be honest, when I got my three gold bags of micronized from GHK, I made the decision to try them, and take my chances with my medicine. Incidentally, I get blood work several times a year, so I can at least keep tabs on my liver.

That being said, Ii resumed using Kava. I've been using Kava Kalm, and the candies. About 7:eek:o p.m. I mixed one Tbs. of Mahakea with a cup of pineapple juice. I seemed to feel some light effects, but the trouble came when I went to bed. I couldn't fall asleep. I'm going to assume that may have come from the Kava. I didn't seem to have this problem when I used instant from Kauai Kava. With the instant , the strain wasn't listed.

Anyway, tonight at 7:00 p.m. I'd like to troy one of my other samples. One is Moi and one is Nene. Will I probably get the same insomnia? I tried to go from the chemotypes, but my knowledge about them is very limited.

So, any advice from those of you have used this strain? I know it depends on the individual, but at least I can get an idea. Thanks for any help!

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Nene is supposed to be a sleepy strain but I have to say that the instant jacked me up. Mo'i is known to be heady--I like it for a mid-afternoon boost (here's looking at you, @Deleted User01).

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I always try to finish my session 3-4 hours before I want to fall asleep. Maybe attempt a session for the couple hours before you eat supper, that way your body can wind down and get sleepy from eating as well. And Nene would be heavier than mo'i.
Kava will occasionally randomly keep me up for an hour or two longer than normal. If I finish my session three hours before bed, I'm good