What's new

Best foods after kava?

N

Noname

What should I eat to make kava kick in.. I get it make sure not too much not too little and high in fat. What do you reccomend ?

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
I disagree. I think the bread soaks some of it up. It dilutes the effect for me. Ive tried it.

What Ive started doing is feta cheese drizzled in olive oil. One of my favorite foods anyway and its almost all fat. A few bites after 2 or 3 shells gets me a really good start.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Hot soup is always good. Anything with a spicy kick helps things move to the next level.
My usual standby is something that fits in at least one of these categories: warm, cheesy, gooey or creamy.

Also, the amount of food eaten after kava doesn't need to be huge. Especially true if your kava is medium grind. If you are using micro or instant, you may be able to get by with eating a more substantial meal afterwards than you would if only drinking medium grind.

Would love to hear some follow up reports about your next kava session and what you eat alongside it!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just drink your kava with milk and get the full effects from the start.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I disagree. I think the bread soaks some of it up. It dilutes the effect for me. Ive tried it.

What Ive started doing is feta cheese drizzled in olive oil. One of my favorite foods anyway and its almost all fat. A few bites after 2 or 3 shells gets me a really good start.
That sounds like a much better option, really. Better for you, and I just realized I haven't had feta cheese in months.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
That sounds like a much better option, really. Better for you, and I just realized I haven't had feta cheese in months.
I was out of feta last night. So I used some parmesan which I also love. Dont think it was quite as effective but still worked. Really I thinks its all about the olive oil which is pure fat......

Curious to know how it works for ya.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was out of feta last night. So I used some parmesan which I also love. Dont think it was quite as effective but still worked. Really I thinks its all about the olive oil which is pure fat......

Curious to know how it works for ya.
Parmesan and a good balsamic vinegar. I could probably eat that like cereal, but I digress. I'm going to get some feta the next time I'm at the grocery.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I haven't had much luck making kava with milk, but drinking it in between shells works wonders.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Parmesan and a good balsamic vinegar. I could probably eat that like cereal, but I digress. I'm going to get some feta the next time I'm at the grocery.
Sounds pretty good to me. Im about to start shelling. Off work today....sitting here at 230 pm trying to hold off.

Hope you post results here.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Cheese seems to give it a kick - and now that I think about it plenty of people say that mixing with milk gives it a kick so maybe it isn't the fat but something about dairy that does the trick.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I don't like milk so much, but I definitely should try eating cheese during my sessions. I love feta with olives!!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
For washem mouth, nothing beats pineapple. Citrus fruit is ok but pineapple is absolutely the best.

When you're ready to kick it: Melted gorgonzola on a sliced baguette with sprouts and a squirt of sriracha (vegetarian option), or some BBQ pulled pork.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Soups always make the kava come on strong for me. A warm bowl of good broth. If I've had a lot of kava, sometimes the soup will put me right over the edge into serious dizziness.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I think the magic combo is something hot (temp mainly, but peppery seems to make a little diff too), and protein-rich.
Carbs tend to decrease the effects somewhat.

Man, I *love* the kick-up by eating a little something after drinking kava. Truly awesome. It's the best part, IMHO.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Drinking lawena tonight which is fairly weak. My trusty cheese and olive oil really kicked it up after 3 shells. The more I do this the more convinced I am that it really really works. Highly recommended.

Pocketplayer

Kava Curious
I am still trying to get a consistent Kava "effect"...I tried a blender w/soy milk mix
recipe. Usually, it is AluBall with half ball filled for two sessions before tossing kava
from ball.
It might be a quantity issue for me...I guess. Some use two AluBalls in shaker for more
potency correct? Did not want to shell out $14.95 for another ball...BUT could
make a mix with one ball, dump and fill for another, then mix both batches together.

Edward is the "milkman" on this forum and one cup of whole milk might be a help...
we just never have it in the house but soymilk which I never drink. Maybe I'll get
crazy and buy some half & half!

Here's something I added...blackseed oil! Add potency in my blender mix.