What's new

Best foods after kava?

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
If I'm blending 3 or 4 cups of liquid I make one of the cups full fat milk.
Have you tried using whipping cream or heavy cream? It has a lot more fat in it than whole milk. I just don't know how palatable it would be.

Pocketplayer

Kava Curious
Evidently the AluBall and milk is a total bust...must have missed this posted before.
Opened the ball to a thick clump of kava paste...waste of kava lessened learned!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Have you tried using whipping cream or heavy cream? It has a lot more fat in it than whole milk. I just don't know how palatable it would be.
I don't think it's just the fat, something to do with a protein in the milk.

Evidently the AluBall and milk is a total bust...must have missed this posted before.
Opened the ball to a thick clump of kava paste...waste of kava lessened learned!
I aluball with milk all the time with no problems. Remember I don't use all milk, I add water. I used to make it thicker and get some frothy results but just letting it sit for a while and reshaking and/or adding some more water to it will sort things out.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think you are on to something - the milk proteins & fat. Like I said earlier in the thread, cheese works pretty nicely as well.
Nearly everyone acknowledges that eating something fatty after kava will boost the effect. That's why I just drink my milk right in with the kava.