What's new

Kava Preparation Best kava for homebrew micro?

Chronophan

Kava Curious
OK OK, at least once in life, I recon, I should try micro or something like it. So I'll try with that homemade shake micro that Morgan and some others enjoy.

So, for this type of prep, which would be the best or among the best medium grinds for the project and how much should I make and drink?
I find Chris Allen's explanation helpful understanding part of the challenge .

From http://www.kavalibrary.com/Micronized_Kava.html :
"Then I started to think about how the Islanders made there kava in the traditional way. First beating the Kava to a pulp and then using water they would separate the good stuff from the coarse fibers. The coarse fibers are called “makas” in Vanuatu and they are thrown away. According to the “Vanuatu Kava Act”, It is considered illegal to sell Kava with “makas”. So I started thinking, since I grow and process my kava and I make the Instant Kava from fresh root, then I should be able to make Micronized Kava in the traditional way. So I developed a process that stripped the coarse fibers from the undried root before processing. The resulting pure Kava root is dried and then micronized. The final product does not have the coarse unwanted fibers in it. This is the reason that I cannot Micronize Kavas I buy from other sources. The Kava has already been processed and contains “makas” and there is no way to remove them once the Kava has been processed."​