What's new

Best kava for insomnia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kava_Joe

Kava Curious
For me Kalm With Kava Borongoru, Kavafied's Kava Supreme, and Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's Hiwa work well.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
(Lifestyle thing)
Not a kava but for me what helps ALOT:
-Jedi style autogenics both fun and reminds my bod and mind to let me get some sleep so I can be refreshed you can find some soothing guided meditations on youtube that rock for that.
-If you're into tea Valarian is a classic (and for me anyway) pleasent and relaxing same for blue lotus tea. I LOVE the flavor of mixing white and blue lotus. Some people add a small amount of red wine to it that for a classic OG Nyquil
Bland water driping or I find nice basic background stuff like a chill jungle and stream mix does wonders for my wake up at midnight to go to potty...then my mind for some reasons starts to wonder why I didn't a web project I'm working on better oh god did I realy post (Fill in the blank)? etc. Meditation, autogenics deep breathing, are classics to say to it: I assure you the world will be here. Lets go back to sleep etc.
Goto Kulu/Brahmi (can find this on amazon and some health stores): Green almost tea flavored powder, Kind of a nice chill vibe (for me) The place I got it from was about 5bucks for about 200grams (1/2 pound or so). And as I found out by axident once mixes great with PapaKea.
Great to mix with stuff to add a certain kind of unwindy vibe. Might help your insomenia
Skullcap tea also a classic tea for unwinding as well.
Kava to try:
From GHK:
Nene (for example)
Only tried Nene once and it was definatly in Casta Iron Therapy land: a solid smack up side da head with a domescus steal pan, wake up in the morning after about 15 hours of sleep thin.

Papa Kea (for me) is great for afternoon and unwinding I love mixing it with Borguruuru(SP) for a super nice afternoon loosy goosy feal. For me more that it's slowing down the monky chattery crap so as I can enjoy the afternoon and likely recharge.
There Borurguru(sp) for me mixed with PapaKea so hits the spot to set a great tone for the afternoon and for some reason that leads a great nap, and possibly just a drift off to sleep.

Nabwan:

Sometimes Bula's Nabwana hits the spot for the afternoon really a Insominia thing (directly) but more of just unwind and put things down kind of vibe.
Not sleep aid(for me anyway) way more: of just a certain kind of unwinding. I can't put my finger on how why or how.
It just hit the spot for a great afternoon and reminds my brain: oh yeah you already got to a good spot with a webproject your working on. Lets do something else!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find nearly all kavas give me a good sleep as long as I don't drink too close to bedtime but even then I can normally sleep quite well. I find I am much more likely to have unusual dreams if I drink a lot of kava and then go to bed. I should say that kava used to keep me awake but as time has gone on it never does now so maybe it's something you need to keep doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.