What's new

Best Kava for sedation

Synaps3

I'm new to Kava, but I just recently have done a lot of research on it. I'm hoping to use it for anxiety and sleep at the end of the day. I had been (a few weeks ago) consuming way too much alcohol and I'm hoping for Kava to be a good replacement for that.

One other thing to note is that I do not want a Kava that feels like weed. I've heard a couple people comparing it to weed. Weed gives me very adverse mental effects. I feel psychotic on it, so I want to make sure that Kava is not like that. Does it distort thoughts like weed? If so, which Kava has the least mental distortion? Mental relaxation or even intoxication would be fine, just not distortion.

I'm thinking about going with the micronized Nene from GHK. Any recommendations?

As a side note, something I found during my research is that the kavalactone Yangonin is likely hepatotoxic. The Pipermethystine from the upper plant is clearly the main toxin in the extracts that was giving people problems, but it seems to me that the Yangonin found in the roots is also toxic, but just to a lesser degree. The studies that found this are using in vitro testing however, so that may not equate to real-life toxicity. Either way, maybe a Kava lower in Yangonin would be healthier, but IDK.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm new to Kava, but I just recently have done a lot of research on it. I'm hoping to use it for anxiety and sleep at the end of the day. I had been (a few weeks ago) consuming way too much alcohol and I'm hoping for Kava to be a good replacement for that.

One other thing to note is that I do not want a Kava that feels like weed. I've heard a couple people comparing it to weed. Weed gives me very adverse mental effects. I feel psychotic on it, so I want to make sure that Kava is not like that. Does it distort thoughts like weed? If so, which Kava has the least mental distortion? Mental relaxation or even intoxication would be fine, just not distortion.

I'm thinking about going with the micronized Nene from GHK. Any recommendations?

As a side note, something I found during my research is that the kavalactone Yangonin is likely hepatotoxic. The Pipermethystine from the upper plant is clearly the main toxin in the extracts that was giving people problems, but it seems to me that the Yangonin found in the roots is also toxic, but just to a lesser degree. The studies that found this are using in vitro testing however, so that may not equate to real-life toxicity. Either way, maybe a Kava lower in Yangonin would be healthier, but IDK.
Kava is nothing like cannabis, IME and IMO. The only exception would be nambawan but even there, you have to prep it in a very specific way to get that effect, and it's a prep few would ever do, and even then, it isn't really "like weed" very much.

I have also yet to come across any kava that caused mental distortion. That's one of the main beauties of kava, it keeps you mentally clear. Goofy, maybe, but mentally clear, before, during and after.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
The only exception would be nambawan but even there, you have to prep it in a very specific way to get that effect, and it's a prep few would ever do, and even then, it isn't really "like weed" very much.
So that prep I want to know! Anything already posted in the forum?

tarragon

Kava Curious

Hi. I too have had terrible reactions from weed. I think you can feel pretty confident about trying kava. It is nothing at all like weed. Nene is a really good choice. It is amazing because it works well or any time of day and is also good for sleeping. I think try to drink about two hours before bed for best effects. I have about twelve or so different micronized or instant kavas and nene is the one I almost always want more than any other. Good luck and have fun!