What's new

Best kava routine?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
No one ever seems to get irate and say stuff like "Hey, keep on topic idiot, you're on the wrong thread!!!". Probably too rooted to see :)

D

Deleted User01

No one ever seems to get irate and say stuff like "Hey, keep on topic idiot, you're on the wrong thread!!!". Probably too rooted to see :)
This forum (unlike many) doesn't seem to have rude people on it. I think it's because we are all descendants of a super human race. We actually treat each other with respect. And so @Ryan Hovis, if you continue prepping kava in that manner, you to will become a member of our gentle, but superhuman, race.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Kava makes me happy... hard to try to argue or judge people when you feel this good.

@Deleted User01 check out all the recent press about the fudged mcgovern report results, which were basically the only source for our dietary guidelines since the seventies. And look how much obesity and heart disease have increased since then. I'm active, but not that active. Returning to our traditional diet is where it's at. Glorious fat. Goes great with kava!

D

Deleted User01

@Jerome, ok, I'll bite. Besides large amounts of Whale Blubber in the winter, what other fatty foods do you consume and how often. When I was younger, I though a rib steak with a veggie was the ideal meal and I ate a ton of meals like that until I got married. Then I had a more varied menu. What is your idea of a fatty meal or what are your favorite fatty foods? And please don't tell me bacon sauteed in butter, that was supposed to be a joke. Or was it? :rolleyes: @Ryan Hovis, we are trying to find out what fatty foods work well with either Kava or Jerome, either one so bear with us.

Jerome

Kava Lover
@Jerome, ok, I'll bite. Besides large amounts of Whale Blubber in the winter, what other fatty foods do you consume and how often. When I was younger, I though a rib steak with a veggie was the ideal meal and I ate a ton of meals like that until I got married. Then I had a more varied menu. What is your idea of a fatty meal or what are your favorite fatty foods? And please don't tell me bacon sauteed in butter, that was supposed to be a joke. Or was it? :rolleyes: @Ryan Hovis, we are trying to find out what fatty foods work well with either Kava or Jerome, either one so bear with us.
well i do love butter. But no, bacon in butter is only a special treat in our house.

We buy 25 lb bags of pork fat and render it into lard for cooking. Only from pastured organic hogs from a known farmer. I use a lot of coconut oil, plenty of lard, i love good olive oils and butter, and i fry my fish in rendered kidney fat from grass fed cows. We eat high fat cheeses like brie and camembert, and don't shy away from the fatty cuts like tongue, oxtails, ribs and bellies.

One big benefit is I no longer get Hangry and can go for quite a while with no food. When your body becomes used to burning fat rather than simple carbs, it draws from its own fuel tank, our body fat.

Ok... nangol noble has me in the tipsy feeling... enough typing on my phone!

Jerome

Kava Lover
Oh and once i got to my desired waist size, I went to a more moderate carb intake. Still low, but not extreme low.

D

Deleted User01

I guess Hangry is when you get so hungry, you eat with a vengenance. Well, tongue, thymus glands, and the like are all organ meats which I eat on occasion. I don't render my own "pork lard". I used "pork lard" as a young man in college to fry and to make flour tortillas, The box of lard had a picture of a little pig. Ok, so except for the lard, your diet is not that extreme. I love cheese too and would never give it up. So we'll wait and see how your body reacts to all the "lard" and you give us a heads up when the Doc says, "No mas" (or if the Doc says, "outstanding'). In conclusion, @Ryan Hovis, if you fry your taters in pork lard after you do kava, that should send you into "la la land" and assuming fat is really a potentiator. PRO TIP. Pour the used lard back into a grease container so you can use it again. Hey, you wanna get extreme, let's do it.:D

Jerome

Kava Lover
I guess Hangry is when you get so hungry, you eat with a vengenance. Well, tongue, thymus glands, and the like are all organ meats which I eat on occasion. I don't render my own "pork lard". I used "pork lard" as a young man in college to fry and to make flour tortillas, The box of lard had a picture of a little pig. Ok, so except for the lard, your diet is not that extreme. I love cheese too and would never give it up. So we'll wait and see how your body reacts to all the "lard" and you give us a heads up when the Doc says, "No mas" (or if the Doc says, "outstanding'). In conclusion, @Ryan Hovis, if you fry your taters in pork lard after you do kava, that should send you into "la la land" and assuming fat is really a potentiator. PRO TIP. Pour the used lard back into a grease container so you can use it again. Hey, you wanna get extreme, let's do it.:D
That was the thing. When I first hit the high LDL numbers a while back, I went with the conventional "heart healthy" diet. High fiber, low saturated fat, salmon, flax seed, tofu etc. I gained a lot of weight and never felt full. That and my anxiety and peace of mind just dissolved. I felt awful and looked awful. Returning to eating all that good "pork lard" has done wonders for my health.

There is no evidence that saturated fat causes heat disease. Like I mentioned earlier, the Mcgovern report actually gave evidence that replacing saturated fat with polyunsaturated fat increased the risk of heart disease. But the author's fudged the numbers because it didn't fit his hypothesis. Our government ran with it and for 40 years we've believed that replacing saturated fat with so called "heart healthy oils" like canola and vegetable, will prevent heart disease. The opposite is true.

Oh and I do reuse lard. Actually I save all the drippings. Most of the world does that, fat ain't cheap! Bacon drippings, beef drippings... it all goes in a jar and sits by my stove. That's not extreme. That's normal.

D

Deleted User01

I used to save the lard when I was young too. I like extra fiber for lots of reasons including flushing out my guts and the fact that soluble fiber chips away at the goo on your arteries. I'll wait to see your next Cholesterol readings before I go on a bacon eating rampage. And believe me, I'm just looking for a reason. :D Was it Forrest Gump that said, "Bacon and eggs, bacon burgers, livers wrapped in bacon, bacon wrapped in bacon, BBQ bacon, pork belly bacon, bacon and beans .....

Jerome

Kava Lover
I used to save the lard when I was young too. I like extra fiber for lots of reasons including flushing out my guts and the fact that soluble fiber chips away at the goo on your arteries. I'll wait to see your next Cholesterol readings before I go on a bacon eating rampage. And believe me, I'm just looking for a reason. :D Was it Forrest Gump that said, "Bacon and eggs, bacon burgers, livers wrappe

I forgot to mention that my lipid levels are back in the safe zone, not that I buy much about that. Half of all heart attack victims have "safe" cholesterol numbers. Tell your doctor that next time you see him. Mine shrugged and said, "well yeah".

How does fiber get in your blood to chip away arterial goo? I don't think it does. And did you know fiber "flushes out your guts" basically by irritating the intestinal lining until your body produces a slime to try to protect itself? That slime causes things to move right along, yes, but it also prevents some important nutrients from being absorbed.

Do some reading. I don't want to be annoying because I know, nutritional trends come and go. But before we began telling people how to eat, people ate fat. Our ancestors sought out rich sources of fat. My mom used to eat bread fried in lard, my grandfather sucked on marrow and gristle (the cigarettes and booze got him though). I've got an uncle in Ohio that eats copious amounts of fresh saturated fat in the form of dairy and still works every day on the farm at nearly 90 years old.

Here's another example of how we're wrong about saturated fat

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464

Full fat dairy is inversely related to obesity.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Oops. Not McGovern Report. Minnesota Coronary Experiment.

The Minnesota Coronary Experiments falsely reported numbers led to the McGovern Report. And forgive the screw up on the quoted text yesterday. I'm teaching Gym this year and a locker room is not an easy place to type!

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya @Jerome. But YOUR next round of lard infused blood tests are the Reports that I'm waiting for. Meanwhile, I'm stockpiling bacon. :hungry: I'm sure you are a big fan of Woody Allen who said, if you can't do anything, then teach. If you can't teach, then teach Gym. I don't think my parents would have appreciated that remark but what the heck, it's Friday!

Both parents were teachers and Dad was a football coach until my Mom made him quit (long hours) and he got into admin. He regretted that decision till the day he died and he didn't mind telling me. By the way, you are in charge of helping those chubby little youngsters get fit. Try to encourage them to do it for life, and not just at Gym for 1 semester of their video game infested lives.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
P.S. I just googled the benefits of "high fat diet" and there are some who say it works but with a low carb diet. I need to research this some more. I'm sure some fats are better than others. I also need to check the credentials of those who tout the high fat diet. @Jerome, I know you lead an active life style so you may well need the extra fat. But I know that most sit at their desks all day long, lay on the couch all night long, and sleep late on the weekends. They live a sedentary life and don't need to be encouraged to eat more fat. They really don't need to be eating much on anything to be honest. :D
I
crave high day foods on days i work. But with my nutrition plan i have to eat 3200 calories a day to LOSE 2 pounds a week. I'm Sure i burn well over 2000 a day at the farm and i crave cheese and bacon and grease. I can't gain weight no matter how much i try but i know when i cut out a lot of fats and I'm working i teams to get sick. I'm guessing from weakened immune system

Jerome

Kava Lover
I hear ya @Jerome. But YOUR next round of lard infused blood tests are the Reports that I'm waiting for. Meanwhile, I'm stockpiling bacon. :hungry: I'm sure you are a big fan of Woody Allen who said, if you can't do anything, then teach. If you can't teach, then teach Gym. I don't think my parents would have appreciated that remark but what the heck, it's Friday!

Both parents were teachers and Dad was a football coach until my Mom made him quit (long hours) and he got into admin. He regretted that decision till the day he died and he didn't mind telling me. By the way, you are in charge of helping those chubby little youngsters get fit. Try to encourage them to do it for life, and not just at Gym for 1 semester of their video game infested lives.
Hahahaha. Love that gym quote. It is a great job. Pretty much all the behaviors you're trying to suppress in a classroom, are fine and dandy in gym class.

Yeah the youngsters are in bad shape. Not all of them, but the ones in poor health are far more prevalent than they were 25 years ago.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Absolutely great discussion @Jerome and @Deleted User01 its what makes this forum so awesome. I was sucked in by the whole heart healthy thing for years but getting my way round to seeing that it don't matter so much what you eat in reason if you do some regular exercise and in fact more fat and less carbs is better.

D

Deleted User01

@Edward, like I always tell everyone (who will listen), even walking hard is good. I had to give up running when knee and hip pain started sneaking up on me. That's a huge warning sign. But walking is fine and I hit the weights for a few months at a time to try to keep muscle tone. Now that's something I really need to do every day, just just in spurts. But @Jerome has a huge fight in front of him. In may day, we hit the streets at 8am with glove and bat in hand. There was barely any TV in those days and no incentive for staying home. It's very different now and there seems to be more danger for the kiddies. It would be cool if the government would finance Golds membership for the kids and @Jerome could take them there by the busload and get them indoctrinated. It's way cooler than messing around the school gym.

D

Deleted User01

In those days in small town texas, yes, lots of space. I lived 10 feet away from a school playground that had 3 base ball fields used by little league teams in the afternoons. They also had 3 Basketball hoops and enough space to play football all day long. The school itself was great for roller skating and skate boarding and it there were a few ramps too (until the Janitor would run us off). Then 2 blocks away to the East, there was "the creek" and wilderness. We would pack our slingshots and go into "little rascals" mode and hit the creek. On the way we would run into all kinds of wildlife including horses and cows which means we were trespassing at some point. It wasn't unusually to get stuck with "Jumping Cactus". We would be gone for 4 hours and nobody missed us. When we came back, they asked, "What did you do all day." "Aw nuthin'". If only our parents knew, they would have had fits but they were too busy caring for the younger ones. Everyone had big families in those days. Those were the best times of my life. I kid you not. (well maybe the day I started getting a big pay check might also rank as good days, along with living in Austin Tx and going to school at UT) Yup, I've been very fortunate in many,many ways.