What's new

Best "sleepytime" kava type?

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
Hi all, first let me say that this forum is AMAZING. Been lurking for a bit...

I'm an Alubottle user, for a year or so now, and I find that almost every kava I try, if I have it after work or late afternoon, will keep my mind too active to go to sleep at night (I got to bed at 930-10pm).

Are there some strains that deliver a less mind-active experience?

I normally drink Kavafied's "kind bud" Kava Tonga (when I can get it), and Kava Supreme...also have tried Nakamal@Home's WOW kava and Black Sand

The Black Sand from Nakamal@Home was the best option I found for sleeping and is really one of my fave kavas.

I normally only drink kava on the weekends, and drink only a couple shells. I am thinking that if I was to increase my shell count, I might cross over into a more sleepy territory? That said I am a very devoted user of kava and I consider it a sacred experience every time, I do a lot of art projects while drinking it, the pieces practically make themselves while the spirit of kava is within me

Thanks again for this forum!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all, first let me say that this forum is AMAZING. Been lurking for a bit...

I'm an Alubottle user, for a year or so now, and I find that almost every kava I try, if I have it after work or late afternoon, will keep my mind too active to go to sleep at night (I got to bed at 930-10pm).

Are there some strains that deliver a less mind-active experience?

I normally drink Kavafied's "kind bud" Kava Tonga (when I can get it), and Kava Supreme...also have tried Nakamal@Home's WOW kava and Black Sand

The Black Sand from Nakamal@Home was the best option I found for sleeping and is really one of my fave kavas.

I normally only drink kava on the weekends, and drink only a couple shells. I am thinking that if I was to increase my shell count, I might cross over into a more sleepy territory? That said I am a very devoted user of kava and I consider it a sacred experience every time, I do a lot of art projects while drinking it, the pieces practically make themselves while the spirit of kava is within me

Thanks again for this forum!
Welcome! Glad to have you with us :)

Nene from GHK sounds like it may be worth checking out. It's a pretty easy going kava that usually settles somewhere in the sedative category, but not overwhelmingly so.