What's new

Best varieties for creativity??

Kava Kyle

Kava Curious
As a visual artist and musician , I'm always interested in learning about other's experience with using kava to either stimulate creativity or to wind down after a creative session. I enjoy a very heady kava, such as KWK pouni Ono , to give my creativity a kick in the butt and have found the stronger varieties, such as bula's nangol nobel, helpful to unwind my brain after a day at the easel. These are just a couple and I have found many others effective as well. Interested in hearing from anyone else who uses kava in conjunction with any creative ventures...how you use it, what varieties and what type of creative endeavors you are involved in:)Bula!

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a visual artist and musician , I'm always interested in learning about other's experience with using kava to either stimulate creativity or to wind down after a creative session. I enjoy a very heady kava, such as KWK pouni Ono , to give my creativity a kick in the butt and have found the stronger varieties, such as bula's nangol nobel, to unwind my brain after a day at the easel. These are just a couple and I have found many others effective as well. Interested in hearing from anyone else who use kava in conjunction with any creative ventures...how you use it, what varieties and what type of creative endeavors you are involved in:)Bula!
If you like heady kava like I do. .. try the teveuni secret from kava time. I also like the puoni Ono. .. this one is nice substitute

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Kava Kauai/Real Kava dot com's 5 star at low doses works for me, I blend a Tbsp in 4 oz. cold water/splash of olive oil and bula! no straining required. Pretty
soon I'm jamming on my guitar. If you want to unwind or in my case fall asleep in your chair couch or other Dua Na Bilo's Fijian Waka will do just that , it's potency is overwhelming . It surprised me and a number of others here, pretty much everyone that has tried it.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Honokane Iki is very good for focusing on mental tasks. Not what I'd call euphoric, but I can read scientific articles faster and more clearly with it. I also thought Vanuatu 3 helped me be creative.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I wrote my entire 160 page Master's Thesis while drinking various kinds of Kava. I remember N@H's Solomons being a really good fit, though some have suggested it might be Tudei. I'd say a good, smooth Tongan would fit the bill nicely. I still do a lot of creative writing and typically reach for Tongan or Fijian strains. Vula Waka is a great pick. Avoid Borongorus as they might make you tired...

Kava Kyle

Kava Curious
Thanks for the replies:)!Great recommendations! I've also found Vula Waka to be another great one for creative focus. Alot of times when painting all day, my head starts to feel like a ball of twine that's been tangled up and twisted tightly and certain kavas allow me to continue to work while feeling like the the twine has been carefully untangled and stretched back out. Most kava will do this but I noticed that certain kavas quiet my mind so much that the creativity starts to take a brake and then I have to stop painting, sit down and just smile for a couple hours(not necessarily a bad thing) but I like finding that happy medium where my mind is relaxed enough to let the creativity flow smoothly without slowing down too much. I really enjoy catching my creativity fatigue about half way through the day with a few midday shells, then have maybe a stronger heavy kava ready as an incentive for when I finish the day's work. I think so many artists of the past have tried to use alcohol to do this and it usually ends in decreased creativity and ability. Kava has all the things you want from alcohol without all the negative extra baggage. It's been a live saver for me both literally and creativily! Happy Friday everyone! Bula!

Reactions: Myk