What's new

Best ways to avoid getting dehydrated on kava

Happy G

Kava Curious
Hello everyone happy Tuesday !!!
I just wanted to start a discussion about the best way you have found to keep hydrated so you don’t have to experiance the negative effects of dehydration . I have found that if I make sure and drink coconut water with my session it helps. The next morning I also drink some pickle juice and plenty of water. The pickle juice has been amazing for me really helps. What are ways you guys find works for you ?

pallasathena1969

Kava Curious
I just drink water primarily. All the time. I even have a water bottle by my bed to sip from if I wake in the middle of the night. So far I haven’t become dehydrated and I’ve been drinking kava daily for at least 3 weeks now.

I used to love drinking pickle juice as a child lol How does it seem to help with the dehydration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy G

Kava Curious
I just drink water primarily. All the time. I even have a water bottle by my bed to sip from if I wake in the middle of the night. So far I haven’t become dehydrated and I’ve been drinking kava daily for at least 3 weeks now.

I used to love drinking pickle juice as a child lol How does it seem to help with the dehydration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The pickle juice just helps replace the electrolytes that you can lose , But coconut water also helps with that too. You usually don’t got to worry about it too much if you drink lots of water I only had dehydration a couple of times and that’s when I drank a heck ton of kava ! But on normal days I feel great if I make sure and drink lots of water . The water bottle next to the beds is a good idea.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Lots of ice helps me with dehydration and I almost always prefer the taste of grog that way.
That’s a good idea I never put ice in my grog before , I usually use pretty hot water to extract the good stuff then I add in some cool water for flavor cause warm grog is quite unpleasant to me , I’m going to try adding some ice , making a nice chilled grog with ice sounds amazing maybe even a little bit of coconut juice too , that would be amazing at the beach :)

Shelly McKrunkface

Kava Curious
I also use lots of ice and make sure I always have water with me. I just need to focus on getting it earlier in the day. I also drink a lot of yerba maté which I keep topping up with water so it gets ever more dilute.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That’s a good idea I never put ice in my grog before , I usually use pretty hot water to extract the good stuff then I add in some cool water for flavor cause warm grog is quite unpleasant to me , I’m going to try adding some ice , making a nice chilled grog with ice sounds amazing maybe even a little bit of coconut juice too , that would be amazing at the beach :)
My approach at first was very simple: add more ice cubes until it tastes good. Might be 2, 3, 4 maybe even 5, whatever, the more the better in terms of hydration and the main point is to enjoy the grog.

Happy G

Kava Curious
I also use lots of ice and make sure I always have water with me. I just need to focus on getting it earlier in the day. I also drink a lot of yerba maté which I keep topping up with water so it gets ever more dilute.
Oooh I love Yerba mate it’s the best !!!!!! It helps a lot to get going especially the morning after a good kava sesh .

Happy G

Kava Curious
My approach at first was very simple: add more ice cubes until it tastes good. Might be 2, 3, 4 maybe even 5, whatever, the more the better in terms of hydration and the main point is to enjoy the grog.
Ya I think that’s the most important thing is that you enjoy the grog , I wonder if you can take your ice thing a little bit further and blend up some ice and add some pina colada mix then add your favorite grog for a cool summer drink of joy you would probably defiantly wanna use a smoother tasting kava but could be really enjoyable

tarragon

Kava Curious
Hello everyone happy Tuesday !!!
I just wanted to start a discussion about the best way you have found to keep hydrated so you don’t have to experiance the negative effects of dehydration . I have found that if I make sure and drink coconut water with my session it helps. The next morning I also drink some pickle juice and plenty of water. The pickle juice has been amazing for me really helps. What are ways you guys find works for you ?
Every day I eat an enormous tossed green salad with romaine lettuce and mixed salad greens and I toss in a plentiful assortment of juicy vegetables such as shredded carrots, green and purple cabbage, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, etc. I also mince up a big bouquet of fresh herbs from the garden...oregano, parsley, thyme, mint....the smell of freshly chopped herbs is amazing when I'm with Kava! Eating a giant salad every day keeps me pretty well hydrated all the time.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Every day I eat an enormous tossed green salad with romaine lettuce and mixed salad greens and I toss in a plentiful assortment of juicy vegetables such as shredded carrots, green and purple cabbage, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, etc. I also mince up a big bouquet of fresh herbs from the garden...oregano, parsley, thyme, mint....the smell of freshly chopped herbs is amazing when I'm with Kava! Eating a giant salad every day keeps me pretty well hydrated all the time.
rats, now I'm hungry

Happy G

Kava Curious
Ya I’m not gonna lie that made my mouth water sounds so good .