What's new

Bir Kar & Kelai

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hello all, how are you?

Who has tried Bir Kar? What is it about this kava which is unique for you?

Have you tried Bir Kar mixed with Kelai? Here is my experience, and why I ask.

Kelai is very stimulating for me. I mean, I love it. It takes me about a quarter pound of Kelai to get to sleep. Bir Kar on the other hand seems exclusively sleepy. It almost has the effect profile of a Solomon with the taste of a Fijian. Besides mellow sleep, I have yet to discover the true power of this Bir Kar.

When I mixed it half and half with Kelai, more parts of my mouth and tongue got numbed than from drinking either kava alone. My kava is from FijiVanua Kava and trust me, I think the Kelai tastes like chocolate milk. Bear in mind, that I like the taste of kava.

I don't know what to make of the mix. They collide, in my opinion, so the energy of the Kelai is dampened and the sleepyness of the Bir Kar is more subtle. I am interested in YOUR experience with these cultivars by themselves or together.

By the way, I tried PSL's Bir Kar one time. Hands down the best tasting kava I have ever had - unbeatable. There truly is something to the PSL method of caring for the kava roots.

Malok!

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Bir Kar has been my main kava for the last few years. I get a euphoria for the first few shells then a gradual slide into a deep relax over a couple of hours. Getting to sleep takes about 30 seconds. I've had a few kilos of kelai and find it is certainly lighter and heady but can be a little jittery after a while. I haven't tried mixing the 2, but it sounds like a blend that would work well.

kw2292

Kava Curious
Heck yea I do this exact mix from
FVK lately. Kelai isn’t jittery at all for me but I do have some sleep disturbances from using solely it unless I have it morning/early afternoon.