What's new

Black extract powder?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi.
I found a polish kava seller from ebay (and that is quite nice because not many sellers in Europe).

They sell 30% kava extract.

The product is almost black fine powder.

Is it ok? As normally extract powder does not seem to be that dark?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kavaa-Extr...hash=item1efdde5359:m:mz0ZTxmxkAGeelT0cWt5nVA

Oh...oh definitely not. Kava absolutely should not be that shade of color and also this is the item description:

Extract looks, smells and taste like extract not noble kava root, please note that before purchase.
I would run from that as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your reply.
It's weid. The listing says it is made of nobe kava root and it has this certificate there that says it has been tested many ways. Also it seems to get positive feedback from people who purchased it but... i have never seen kava that colour. o_O

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you for your reply.
It's weid. The listing says it is made of nobe kava root and it has this certificate there that says it has been tested many ways. Also it seems to get positive feedback from people who purchased it but... i have never seen kava that colour. o_O
On ebay....I'd be really worried about product quality and authenticity. In fact, you should be double checking even when purchasing from amazon as well as there have been a few copycat vendors there that we've seen. I'm not saying you can't find quality kava on ebay...but it's far more likely you'll find something like this. The "_% extract kava product" is ubiquitous for poor quality kava. I always have to ask "why was your kava originally so bad that you had to concentrate it?".

verticity

I'm interested in things
Since that seller is in Poland you might ask the people at the "Kava w Polsce" group, which was involved with getting kava legalized in Poland, about the reputation of this particular vendor, and more generally how to buy decent kava in that area, if that is where you live. The ebay ad does look super sketchy.
See the Kava w Polsce Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/kavawpolsce/

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I would not be happy to see Black Powder sold as Kava.

Send it back if you wish. Does it smell like Kava roots?