What's new

Born Again Kavargin

Hi all,

I first went to a Kava Bar around a year and a half to two years ago, upon the recommendation of a friend. I loved it from the get go. I only went 4-5 times, never really learned anything about it, but I kept the experience in the back of my mind.

I stay rather busy at a fast-paced job working with the public. If you have ever worked with the public in any kind of customer service type of role, then you understand how demanding people can be. Anyhow, I turned to alcohol because it was closer, quicker, cheaper, and all around more easily accessible. Plus, there isn't too much of a learning curve with alcohol.

I decided to finally give the alcohol a break, maybe for good, and dive into kava. I just ordered two Alubottles, Kava Supreme, and Kava Tonga.

My immediate goals are as follows:
1. Relaxation, stress relief, and pleasure after work and on weekends. Sedative effects and heady/heavy effects are welcome here.

2. Stress and anxiety relief at work. Heady effects and uplifting effects are desired. I don't want too strong of a sedative effect at work.

Recommendations for
different kavas for each of those scenarios are appreciated.

Thank you to everyone in this community for sharing your helpful information and reviews. I still don't have a great grasp on the numbers (chemotypes), kavalactones, and such. I've found it a little difficult to find good information about kava, and I'm a bit skeptical/wary about information posted on any site where the product is being sold. Even a site selling a bad product is going to say it's good, of course.

Anyhow, I look forward to connecting with you cool, wise Kava folk.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi all,

I first went to a Kava Bar around a year and a half to two years ago, upon the recommendation of a friend. I loved it from the get go. I only went 4-5 times, never really learned anything about it, but I kept the experience in the back of my mind.

I stay rather busy at a fast-paced job working with the public. If you have ever worked with the public in any kind of customer service type of role, then you understand how demanding people can be. Anyhow, I turned to alcohol because it was closer, quicker, cheaper, and all around more easily accessible. Plus, there isn't too much of a learning curve with alcohol.

I decided to finally give the alcohol a break, maybe for good, and dive into kava. I just ordered two Alubottles, Kava Supreme, and Kava Tonga.

1. Relaxation, stress relief, and pleasure after work and on weekends. Sedative effects and heady/heavy effects are welcome here.

2. Stress and anxiety relief at work. Heady effects and uplifting effects are desired. I don't want too strong of a sedative effect at work.

Recommendations for

Thank you to everyone in this community for sharing your helpful information and reviews. I still don't have a great grasp on the numbers (chemotypes), kavalactones, and such. I've found it a little difficult to find good information about kava, and I'm a bit skeptical/wary about information posted on any site where the product is being sold. Even a site selling a bad product is going to say it's good, of course.

In my opinion - don't worry too much about chemotypes and KL%s to begin with. I would go by reviews more often than not. Everyone reacts a bit differently to kava and even day to day I can have different experiences with the same kava. Sampler packs and buying in 1/2 lbs will help you find kavas that meet your goals and expectations. It is good to be skeptical about kava information on sellers websites - just like any other product. That is why this website is good. More or less if the consensus among several long time users here is that it is a good kava I will take that to the bank.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi all,

Recommendations for

Your plan is excellent and the steps you've taken are also excellent. I feel like giving any advice would be almost insulting, considering how on top of everything you are. In a few weeks I'll be asking YOU for advice. Bula!

My two Alubottles arrived along with Kava Supreme and Kava Tonga. Unfortunately, one of my bottles arrived cracked. I'll have to contact them tomorrow. Has anyone had any dealings with Kavafied customer service? I'll report my experience here.

I have enjoyed both varieties of their kava so far. I also returned to the kava bar and had a relaxing time. Their house kava is their own borogu, which was a great heavy and heady 1-2 punch. I bought half a pound of Waka kava from them, but I haven't opened that one yet.