What's new

Borogu has dirt (potting soil?) In it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Was toss and washing some borogu and noticed there were what looked like small rocks in it, went for another round and a I got what looked like pieces of stuff you find in potting soil (little green crystal, even a piece of what looks like white Styrofoam) I have no idea what this stuff actually is in potting soil but I've seen enough of it to know what it looks like and I'm almost certain this is in there. Idk if the grower improperly cleaned the root or what but I checked my bag of boroguru and it had nothing of the sort.

Not sure how unsafe this is for drinking.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Crunked

Proselytizer
If you're still alive, (cough) would you mind saying who your vendor was? I need to add it to my kava dirt file.

D

Deleted User01

What the heck would potting soil be doing in farm harvested Kava? Kavadude, did you harvest your Kava plant and sell it to Yepimonfire??:D

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Hey just be glad they decided to up your daily mineral intake....I mean they deserve some credit for trying right?:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:
Wait this is truly serious...cough....cough I apologize since it's no joke.
Quality standards don't always begin with the vendor but at the distribution centers; and in the soil that this kava was grown in. If it's not Bkh that's at fault I'm sure they'd love to be made aware asap.
Please take some pictures since they would allow everyone to not be misinformed and to know exactly what were dealing with here.

Though especially since it's bkh whom we trust I doubt something like this would be warranted and likely just slipped past under the radar.
Again I would love to be proved wrong on every point ; in fact it would make me proud that you're not going to be harmed in any way yepimonfire. This would also be a breath of fresh air considering there'd be no need to quarantine a vendor temporarily.

Honestly yepimonfire it's of course not your fault it happened in any way if it did/has and i'm not discounting what you've seen with your own eyes. I just want some comfort for your safety.
This type of thing is something I need to validate with my own eyes, and at that very moment I will have the right to be furious.

Don't worry everyone I'm not ablaze for these type of things do happen.....it just so happened to be addressed by one of our own members which is good because if it'd been anyone outside of the forum than it could have gone unheeded and might've been just as bad or worse.

This is bad because either way if someones safety is at risk it becomes a more serious matter and requires the utmost pertinence.
Let's all keep watch and see how this evolves. (y)

Edit-I edited my post to reflect the vendor in question; I got ahead of myself there and didn't even notice which sub forum this was in, thanks for pointing that out yepimonfire. (y)

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
...Idk if the grower improperly cleaned the root or what but I checked my bag of boroguru and it had nothing of the sort...
I'm not sure if you are saying you found something in your grog but not in your bag of Kava??? If you think the product came tainted or impure, I will tag this as a "Product Alert" to warn others. I would do it now, but I'm not clear what you are saying.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I'm not sure if you are saying you found something in your grog but not in your bag of Kava??? If you think the product came tainted or impure, I will tag this as a "Product Alert" to warn others. I would do it now, but I'm not clear what you are saying.
Exactly what I'm saying HeadHodge, thanks for also making that an important point. (y)

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
This is in BKH sub forum guys....

Large black spots are rocks. I have no idea what the green stuff is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BulaKavaMan

Was toss and washing some borogu and noticed there were what looked like small rocks in it, went for another round and a I got what looked like pieces of stuff you find in potting soil (little green crystal, even a piece of what looks like white Styrofoam) I have no idea what this stuff actually is in potting soil but I've seen enough of it to know what it looks like and I'm almost certain this is in there. Idk if the grower improperly cleaned the root or what but I checked my bag of boroguru and it had nothing of the sort.

Not sure how unsafe this is for drinking.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
Thanks for the heads up! We've just sifted through the rest of our stock (We're running pretty low, and waiting on a new shipment), and we didn't see anything like what you explained. Everything in what we have left looks as though it should be there - Just ground 100% lateral root. I doubt what you found in your order was anything to worry about. It definitely wasn't potting soil or fertilizer. This kava is grown 100% organically grown on a hillside on Pentecost Island. It is processed in a clean environment, before being sealed in plastic bags and shipped to us using air freight.

If you're willing, we'd like to see exactly what it is you have. We'll pay the shipping cost by way of a partial refund of the order itself if you send whatever you have left back to us at Bula Kava House so we can examine it. We'd also be happy to replace your order. If you'd like to do this send an email to [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.