What's new

Boroguru first time tonight

Whitewater

Kava Curious
I'm gonna try some boroguru tonight and I have high expectations. Of the kavas I've tried so far, the order of favorite to least favorite is koniak, borogu, then fu'u. Fu'u is still great I'm just starting to think I prefer a heavier kava.

I also might try using a blender. I know many here prefer using a blender in your kava prep. Do you notice much increase in potency? Typically I just squeeze the kava in a strainer bag.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Boroguru is by far the one I reach for when I can't decide. So much goodness about it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitewater

Kava Curious
Yea it's very good. Two nights in a row it gave me excellent sleep. I rarely have issues falling asleep but I'm a very light sleeper. Typically I wake up 3 or 4 times throughout the night. After a session with boroguru I sleep straight through, waking up an hour before my alarm feeling refreshed :D

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Sleep quality is a key component of the value of Boroguru. Koniak has a simliiar affect. I've tried a bunch of kavas and nothing beats Boroguru. Don't let yourself run out. I got a bag in customs right now and it's taking foreever to clear.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
mmmm Boroguru. Fantastic on it's own. Interesting when blended carefully.

steevy66

Kava Curious
Although I love them each on their own, I'm finding a 50/50 Nambawan-Boroguru blend hits that sweet spot of headiness and body relaxation. Gotta be careful though... One shell too many can blur your vision and send you to bed very quick!

As for the OP's question about blending, I find a short blend (6-8 min) followed by 5 min of kneading does the trick every time! I save the root in the fridge for a second wash and really pulverize it ( I use a Vitamix so about 40 sec on 10 ) This results in some grog with the same potency with about 2 to 2.5 times the volume of root used for the first wash.

Anyways you can never go wrong with Boroguru! Great price/quality ratio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
I like boroguru on it's own but I would agree with steevy66; I love a 50/50 blend with nambawan. I typically just knead in a strainer bag for 10 minutes with warm water and that works fine for me. Hope you enjoy your boroguru. Bula!

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I ended up accidentally ordering more Boroguru than I had initially wanted a while ago. A very pleasant mistake. It's been a constant in my Kava stash for a while now.. Sorta becoming old faithful go to for me.. Am only trying the Nambawan for the 1st time tonight.