What's new

Breaking through RT with GKE's Quick Kava, Review Part 1

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Okay so I didn't want this to be a fully fledged review as this is actually my first time having Kava and still breaking through RT, I will post a full review after I have broken RT.
In this thread I would like to describe my progress breaking through the Reverse Tolerance phase with @Global Kava Exports 's Quick Kava Powder, as I know this is something that i would have liked to have seen when when I first was researching Kava.

Please bear in Mind that I have not yet broken through Kava's reverse tolerance phase so the effects below may not be fully reflective of the effects of GKE's Quick kava for an experienced Kava user.

Also, Just to note @Global Kava Exports had Excellent and very friendly customer service, Shipping took about two days to Ireland and they have free shipping in Europe!, Couldn't recommend higher!

Last edited:

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Day 1: Serving 1:
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (UK) (It says 1-2, I know most of you take more than this but I would like to start slow)
Description: On impact I can feel it starting to numb my mouth, Not completely numb it but somewhat. It doesn't taste that Amazing, I was expecting it to be repulsive but it was okay, With a bit of sugar stirred in it was pretty nice. To describe the taste to someone who has not tasted it before it tastes like an earthy. savoury liquorice. I am someone with a somewhat sensitive stomach so I don't usually like bad tasting food but this is doable. Effects: Not much apart from a numb mouth, I feel a tiny tiny bit light headed and I feel my muscles starting to relax somewhat
Serving 2:
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (UK) Heaped
Description: Again, Numbing of the mouth. Perhaps lightheaded-ness is started to turn into a little buzz, a good buzz - I feel slightly happier, but nothing major. I'm not worried as much (I have exams coming up) about anything, But I don't remember being that worried before the kava either. Overall it has made me a feel a little happier, certainly slightly euphoric and a lot more relaxed. Nothing to write home about yet, I'm hoping I'll have more progress tomorrow.
Overall: It was pretty good, from what I've heard about kava working through RT this was top notch!

Please bear in Mind that I have not yet broken through Kava's reverse tolerance phase so the effects below may not be fully reflective of the effects of GKE's Quick kava for an experienced Kava user.

EDIT: Serving 3 (Same size as above) It finally hit me a bit, I don't have much of a care anymore, Not anxious, nothing. Maybe I'm poking through RT?

Last edited:

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Update:
Had a third serving, Mixed it with some cocoa and honey but didn't boil the water as I heard thats bad for the kavalactones. - I'm certainly feeling more of an effect now, Definitely Anti-Anxiety and helped me with an article I had to write as well, this stuff seems to make more creative, Not even joking. Perhaps I'm starting to pierce through RT.

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Day 2:
2 servings of 1 heaped teaspoon of instant + orange juice about 40 mins apart;

Tongue and mouth are pretty numb, I guess I feel slightly euphoric, certainly calm and very focused I'm studying for exams today and It is really helping with concentration and focus. Maybe starting to break through RT.

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Update:
After a few more servings I'm feeling slight euphoria and calmness but not much.... I'm not sure whether these are normal RT effects or I've broken through RT but am not experiencing great effects perhaps due to dosage?

verticity

I'm interested in things
One thing many people have noticed about kava is it's fickleness. The effects may not be consistent from day to day, depending on time of day, contents of your stomach, if you drank a lot of coffee, and unknown factors. And your dosage is pretty small to truly feel the full effects. However, you might not actually want to feel the full effects while you are studying for exams because you could end up taking a nap instead!:sleep:

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Well done you for taking to the instant powder! I just couldn't stomach it so didn't take much ... it took me about 3 weeks to break the RT but as Verticity says it can be fickle sometimes I get a much bigger kick using the same amount than at other times ... I don't understand this at all. Keep going with it and you'll find it is a very relaxing and enjoyable way to unwind.

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Well done you for taking to the instant powder! I just couldn't stomach it so didn't take much ... it took me about 3 weeks to break the RT but as Verticity says it can be fickle sometimes I get a much bigger kick using the same amount than at other times ... I don't understand this at all. Keep going with it and you'll find it is a very relaxing and enjoyable way to unwind.
Thanks for the reply @Sadie I've followed your thread on breaking through RT and it was a great read, inspired me to log my progress. Ya it tastes okay, I've gotten used to it - had it with coconut water an pineapple today and it was pretty good. Have to say GKE's Quick Kava is pretty great. Yeah, Kava still seems to be up in the air for me - I don't know what to think of it, yesterday I got a slight euphoric effect but today I just feel drained and tired and a little bit happy. Hopefully I'll break through RT soon. May I ask how you 'know' when you've broken through it? Is it pretty obvious or more subtle? Thanks for the reply by the way!

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
It's hard to say - I had a few reactions early on and thought I'd broke through it but then I'd feel nothing much. I just kept on with it and it is subtle and maybe it took me a while to really feel how subtle it actually is - it made me feel relaxed initially but not much more. Now I feel (it's hard to explain) a bit more chilled and peaceful. And some times it was really effective and I thought I'd broke through but then the next day I'd feel very little. I've been using it now for 3 months ish and I tend to go for the more heavy types that help me sleep but am looking to try a more heady type now. I did use larger amounts that you're using I think when I started - I have a digital scale and started with 50ish grams to 500ml of water, mixed in the blender with honey and berries, I use less now and get the same effect which is one of the great pluses for me. Keep at it and remember it is subtle and not that noticeable straight away - for example I got what I think is krunked last week as I drank it too quick - wasn't that pleasant as I'm not after the krunked feeling.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
How's your RT today? For what it's worth I notice that if I leave my shells (use that term loosely as I don't actually have a shell but about 12oz) 15 to 20 mins apart the effect is much stronger and also preparing in the traditional way also has more of an impact than instant for me. Hope you're still sticking with it

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
How's your RT today? For what it's worth I notice that if I leave my shells (use that term loosely as I don't actually have a shell but about 12oz) 15 to 20 mins apart the effect is much stronger and also preparing in the traditional way also has more of an impact than instant for me. Hope you're still sticking with it
Hey sadie!, Thanks for both replies and the insight into your own RT.

I tried leaving my shells a few mins apart and it certainly worked! Thanks for the tip. I've documented my RT progress below :)
I'm not really getting that crunched feeling, but things do tend to slow down. Also very thankful for having one of those IKEA milk frothers/stirrers as Kava keeps settling!

Update:
I think I definitely still have RT or Kava just doesn't seem to be living up to its namesake, It calms me down a lot, numbs the mouth and yes I feel like I don't have a care in the world, but I would expect it to work a lot more effectively, I have noticed that the effects seem to be growing on me though.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I recently got through my rt, and it hit like a truck when it happened!

I make my kava and put it into a large water bottle, so I can shake it before I pour a shell.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya once you get through the RT , you will know!
Even though I felt pretty good starting out, by the time I figured my RT was over 4-7 days max...
It was like night and day :)
Im still a light weight and that may have alot to do with the way kava effects me, but usealy 2-3 tbsp max is all I need! The more and more you work with kava. And get to know how it works and effects you...the more it will open your eyes to a real kava experience...which is totaly worth waiting for! :)

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I didn't have any yesterday. Had my usual dose today and felt nothing - is a very fickle mistress indeed and I don't know why? Does anyone have any insight about this - working well one day and very little the next?

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Yes kava does do that from time to time...regardless if everything is the same or not...
But dont give up..make yourself a good dose of kava...drink it down..wait 10-20 mins, if your not where you want to be...keep at it, some guys on here mix batches of kava up all night it seems lol...
Or make extra while your making it. That way if your not where you were before then drink down another shell and repeat untill you are there! :)
My 2 cents...

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i usually make a pitcher for my wife and i with 8-10 tbs and whatever we don't drink that night we drink the next. that one batch usually lasts the night i make it and the next night as well

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Yes kava does do that from time to time...regardless if everything is the same or not...
But dont give up..make yourself a good dose of kava...drink it down..wait 10-20 mins, if your not where you want to be...keep at it, some guys on here mix batches of kava up all night it seems lol...
Or make extra while your making it. That way if your not where you were before then drink down another shell and repeat untill you are there! :)
My 2 cents...
Great advice. Tried it last night and today and it worked ... got to where I wanted to be and left what was left in the fridge for tomorrow .. thanks again for the info, much appreciated