What's new

Bringing Kava on a Camping Trip: any experience or advice?

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Hold my shell while I resurrect this thread right quick.... I'm going camping on the beach this weekend! ill be using the Aluball when needed, but Ill also have a bowl of traditional prep set up at my grill station. SO excited to achieve and sustain the ultimate sun-hazed krunk all weekend.
Bula!

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds lovely senor. Im going on holiday in a few weeks. Last time i took micro. But since using the aluball
I will just take that. Maybe a tiny bit of micro for emergencies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I've brought kava on my hikes a lot. Its a great thing to bring along. Bring plenty of water for sure too. Drinking it in the wilderness is a different amazement completely.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hold my shell while I resurrect this thread right quick.... I'm going camping on the beach this weekend! ill be using the Aluball when needed, but Ill also have a bowl of traditional prep set up at my grill station. SO excited to achieve and sustain the ultimate sun-hazed krunk all weekend.
How was it?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
My advice for future readers is to bring a large thermos so you can make a batch at camp and still bring the kava on your hike and keep it cool too. Also, don't forget to bring the strainer! That happens to me a lot when I'm gonig somewhere with my kava. Using a shirt in a pinch might work but the kava tastes like detergent. :(

Kava has really added a new dimension to longer backpacking trips and bike tours. It's so nice sitting around camp and drinking shells after a long day hiking / riding. I usually take my Aluball and a good amount of kava in a Ziploc bag. Easy. I like to have a shell or two during the day also. I use the Kavafied bottle as my water bottle and it has taken the place of my other water bottles. Nature and Kava were made for each other. Have fun. Bula.

DSC05238.JPG