What's new

Budget kava?

Ryan Hovis

Kava Curious
Thanks for all the replys everyone. My budget is probably around 10-15 a week for kava. Currently I have a pound of waka from amazon but will be checking out some suggestions mentioned here. A small amount before class kills my anxiety and really opens me up.

Bwiggy

I like plants
I highly recommend Kava King Instant - I like the Vanuatu mix, but there's lots of different flavors.
Purchasing on iHerb.com might even be cheaper.
I don't know why people here don't recommend this brand more often.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I highly recommend Kava King Instant - I like the Vanuatu mix, but there's lots of different flavors.
Kava King was the first Kava I ever had, more than 17 or 18 years ago. So while I agree with the sentiment here, I can't actually recommend it as a budget Kava. It is a decent instant, but go for something like Wakacon or Nakamal at Home for a budget Kava.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
There have been quite a few reports of adverse reactions to their kava. This could be due to makas or tudei, I dont really know. Some people might simply be getting an allergic reaction to one of the additives they use in their mixes. I personally didnt find their stuff to be too pleasant or effective

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Interesting. I haven't had Kava King in years and don't know what their story is. It seems like they went out of business and then came back again?

Bwiggy

I like plants
Their inexpensive instant allows me to share with a lot of people. It's smooth, effective and reliable.
For every session I have, I get a new pimple. I'm inclined to get them, especially from milk products. If I watch what I eat/drink, I don't get them.
KavaKing has rice maltodextrin in it - I don't know if that causes it or not.
Anyway, I gave my nephew a bag of it and he had excellent experiences with it.
I don't know what their story is either, @Kavasseur
Are there any actual reports done on their instants related to purity/quality? @Henry

Ryan Hovis

Kava Curious
Their inexpensive instant allows me to share with a lot of people. It's smooth, effective and reliable.
For every session I have, I get a new pimple. I'm inclined to get them, especially from milk products. If I watch what I eat/drink, I don't get them.
KavaKing has rice maltodextrin in it - I don't know if that causes it or not.
Anyway, I gave my nephew a bag of it and he had excellent experiences with it.
I don't know what their story is either, @Kavasseur
Are there any actual reports done on their instants related to purity/quality? @Henry
I am looking into getting a 1/2 lb of their instant. It says its roughly 84 servings. Does 1 serving give you a good effect or do you need multiple to get a more traditional kava experience?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I am looking into getting a 1/2 lb of their instant. It says its roughly 84 servings. Does 1 serving give you a good effect or do you need multiple to get a more traditional kava experience?
I would hold off on the Kava King Instant. It sounds like they have taken a dive. I would suggest trying any number of the Micronized Kavas instead of pretty much any Instant. But if you are going to go the Instant route, then @LunaKava has a good one.

Ryan Hovis

Kava Curious
I would hold off on the Kava King Instant. It sounds like they have taken a dive. I would suggest trying any number of the Micronized Kavas instead of pretty much any Instant. But if you are going to go the Instant route, then @LunaKava has a good one.
I see, what brands have decent micro? I have good things about GHK.

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
I love the kava king lateral root it is their best kava in my opinion. There is a deal online 3lbs of it for about $100, this kava is very potent and never upsets my stomach. For me you only need 1 serving of this lateral root to get a strong effect. Their other kavas are not at all strong I need 4-6 servings each time.

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
I am also surprised more people don't talk about their kava especially their lateral root it is great!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think if your going for anxiety relief, than @Steve kava candies are your best for a budget. They take away anxiety and a case (12 packs of 8) is only about 30 bucks.
i find 2 are enough to take away basic anxiety and relax me. That gives you a good 2 weeks give er take. 60 a month isnt too bad. Idk your budget tho.
Maybe get a half pound medium to supplment it and your at like 100 a month.

this is why it sucks we have so much insurance bullshit in the U.S medically. The amount we spend on prescription meds insurance alone could fill an herb cabinet with every thing you need a hundred times over. including kava

I've been really impressed with this Luna Kava Sol Blend. Their prices are great and it's a good Kava. I see it as my daytime Kava to go now.