What's new

Bump in productivity?

BaySailor

Kava Curious
I’m wondering if anyone else experiences increased productivity when using Kava?

I tend to procrastinate when it comes to mundane tasks, and I feel like I’m almost propelled to do them when I’ve had a shell or two. Sort of a lower-my-head-and-plow-through mentality. I have adult ADD, but I don’t take any meds. And I’m certainly not complaining.

I notice it most when I have a first-wash in my shaker before bed, and the second wash in the morning with Coffee. Oddly, I feel like my memory is better, too. Borogu seems to be the most effective.

JD

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I really like to use Kava when I have to do labor or a chore I dread doing. It keeps the anxiety of having to do something that you really don't want to do away. And also to keep my mind on task and improvising when I am working on a vehicle and have a problem to solve. Like I enjoy adding accessories on my Spyder but I am not a mechanic so I can run into road blocks and the fun can go south in a hurry but if I load up the Kava and keep the music pumping. I will work out the issue and when no issues I find myself dancing on the way to grab a tool and just enjoying the moment so much better.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I’m wondering if anyone else experiences increased productivity when using Kava?

I tend to procrastinate when it comes to mundane tasks, and I feel like I’m almost propelled to do them when I’ve had a shell or two. Sort of a lower-my-head-and-plow-through mentality. I have adult ADD, but I don’t take any meds. And I’m certainly not complaining.

I notice it most when I have a first-wash in my shaker before bed, and the second wash in the morning with Coffee. Oddly, I feel like my memory is better, too. Borogu seems to be the most effective.

JD
Dude, I've been trying to figure out this very thing. I also have ADHD and I am pretty sure that low doses (high doses make me want to just focus on enjoying kava) seem to help me get over that compulsive need to feel something exciting so that I can be okay with doing something boring. A little kava, some good music and it seems like I am better able to concentrate. I'm also not currently on meds but am thinking about starting; I feel torn about that.
How much effect does kava have on dopamine? I think I've heard that ADHD is probably a dopamine deficiency. And heavy kavas work too; so its not just heady stimulation that seems to help.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

JD
I experienced all of the above, definitely. I think most people do.

"Drink early, sleep early, wake early." It's a kava thang.