What's new

Calling all Kava Vendors.

D

Deleted User01

It would seem that some of you may or may not be hurting for business because you are not TK certified. When I look at the test results, some of you scored well on some kavas and not so good on others. Since TK has been relatively inactive this year (perhaps no one has sent samples), it is only fair that you are allowed to state your case and directly to your biggest fans, the members of the Kava Forum. I might also add that I know lots of members who buy non-certified kavas just because they like them or they are less inexpensive. But if you feel like you have a good product and you feel that not being certified by TK has hurt your business, then please come out and state your case. All we want to know for each Kava strain is:
1. Name of your Kava Strain.
2. Is it noble or not. Have you had it tested? Anything you can tell us about its Nobility as defined by Lebot and all the other Kava Scientists.
3. What percent of Tudei it may or may not contain. And knowing that some people here may actually prefer Tudei for whatever reason.
4. Heavy or Noble. Describe the effects as you know them or as your customers have described them.
5. And basically anything you can tell us about the safety of your kava. And by safe, we mean "minimal side effects".

Fellow members, I think this is only fair and perhaps it will put an end to the "endless tudei thread". I hope the purpose of the endless thread was to bring to light that some vendors feel like they are not being treated fairly. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

And if this thread goes nowhere, then so be it. But don't go sending messages through intermediaries. Just give it to us straight and direct. I think most of our fellow members are fair minded and would love to hear from you.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Excellent. This is what I asked for in my first post in that other thread. If you're not certified, is it because you've never applied, whether you're in a queue, or whether you've been vetted and failed (and if so was it because of the presence of tudei in your product, or for some other reason).

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I can knock a few off already...

thekavaroots.com Tongan Reserve... definitely noble, I've been drinking gallons of this one, balanced tending to heavy. Minimal side effects, just awesome kava.
Vanuatu Kava Store Pentecost Pride... definitely noble. This is a borogu but a finer grind than KWK. Very nice, euphoric kava, good sleep after.
Vanuatu Kava Store Malekula magic... definitely noble. Very relaxing, quite balanced tending to heady.
realkava.com Vanuatu waka... definitely noble. Very nice kava.

I'm getting through some of my favourites here but can add more later. The point is none of these vendors are certified and yet these are some of my favourite kavas ever. I don't think it's about the vendor, it's more to do with the root for me.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Just so I wasn't misread in the other thread with my thoughts on the subject. I never felt it messes with my business not being certified. I never wanted to be certified TK. I just know a lot of the KF members like to see that little breakdown of a Kava. I was kind of green back then and thought I would be banned if I didn't provide that. So I just meant that you can have that worry as new vendor if TK doesn't give you the AOK, then you can't be a vendor in the forums. And I also worry if a new vendor stops by he/she may think he has to do that just because of the Noble wanting vibe of a lot of members, not saying the Noble wanting vibe is a bad thing. And right now they just can't get that but hey it's ok new guys. And some of the sciency guys :) are coming up with a plan to make testing easier. Big props to them. The more vendors the merrier, I say.

D

Deleted User01

This thread is about giving non certified Kava vendors a chance to tell us about their kava .... plain and simple. If their Kava has Tudei, then tell us. The theory is that some members may want Tudei for special purposes, who knows. We are just trying to encourage all the vendors to give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Then each member can decide for himself. This as opposed to vetting them out with our handy dandy acetone kits and having them scream to the high heavens "I didn't know" or "What does that prove?". That being said, if a vendor tells us, "my Kava probably has 25 percent Tudei in it", then the members need not start shouting and screaming. Simply say, "all righty then". Let the free market do its job.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just so I wasn't misread in the other thread with my thoughts on the subject. I never felt it messes with my business not being certified. I never wanted to be certified TK. I just know a lot of the KF members like to see that little breakdown of a Kava. I was kind of green back then and thought I would be banned if I didn't provide that. So I just meant that you can have that worry as new vendor if TK doesn't give you the AOK, then you can't be a vendor in the forums. And I also worry if a new vendor stops by he/she may think he has to do that just because of the Noble wanting vibe of a lot of members, not saying the Noble wanting vibe is a bad thing. And right now they just can't get that but hey it's ok new guys. And some of the sciency guys :) are coming up with a plan to make testing easier. Big props to them. The more vendors the merrier, I say.
I wouldn't worry about it, word has got out that you are selling good root! There are 14 vendors with their own section on the first page of the forum. Only 4 of them are certified.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This thread is about giving non certified Kava vendors a chance to tell us about their kava .... plain and simple. If their Kava has Tudei, then tell us. The theory is that some members may want Tudei for special purposes, who knows. We are just trying to encourage all the vendors to give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Then each member can decide for himself. This as opposed to vetting them out with our handy dandy acetone kits and having them scream to the high heavens "I didn't know" or "What does that prove?". That being said, if a vendor tells us, "my Kava probably has 25 percent Tudei in it", then the members need not start shouting and screaming. Simply say, "all righty then". Let the free market do its job.
But as @Squanch72 said in the other thread it's not always simple for smaller vendors to know. The best I think they can do which is what squanch72 has said he does is drink his own kava before he sells it to anyone else.

D

Deleted User01

@Squanch72, nobody cared if you were certified or not because you are selling good kava. I tried it and I didn't break out in warts and I thought is was a nice heady kava. So I just want to make sure that all vendors are treated fairly if they treat us fairly and I don't want to hear any more complaints that TK is causing them to lose business. You are a perfect example of someone who is not certified but has been upfront and honest with us. Dare I say, "The Poster Child". :LOL:

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Maybe the point of the whole thing is that TK certification just confuses people. Imagine being a newbie and having to figure out the difference between a TK-certified Kava and a non TK-certified Kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe the point of the whole thing is that TK certification just confuses people. Imagine being a newbie and having to figure out the difference between a TK-certified Kava and a non TK-certified Kava.
I agree and as I have said many times on the other thread I don't think anyone cares about whether anything is TK certified or not anymore. It's not as though it is aggressively pushed on this forum is it?

EQ

Atman
I agree and as I have said many times on the other thread I don't think anyone cares about whether anything is TK certified or not anymore. It's not as though it is aggressively pushed on this forum is it?
I don't think it is, but I feel as though new people may be untrusting of Vendors that are not.
I would recommend @Squanch72 in a heartbeat for Fiji Kava.
The fear of Tudei, I believe, created a paranoia.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
As someone who got into Kava fairly recently, when I first started out TK certification wasn't on my radar. I went by the reccomendations of the lovely people on this forum. I still think this thread is a great idea, though. Maybe it will help level the playing field a little or make new vendors feel more welcome/accepted. I run a small business myself, and have done some work in business and marketing. To put it simply image is everything. Having a great company and great product are a big part of having a good image, but I can see how not being certified could affect a company's image, especially just starting out. I'm grateful for TK and everything they have done, but I think giving non certified vendors a voice is a great idea.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, so only one un-certified vendor posted here and that was our very own "well loved" @Squanch72. So by decree, I hearby certify you. I really expected a stampede of un-certified vendors to jump in here and make their case but I guess we underestimated their numbers. And by more decree, I hearby declare this a dead thread and a dead topic due to lack of interest. Let the Kava party begin!